Title: Case Worker
Cesvi has been one of the first INGOs intervening in Libya, as soon as the Arab Spring begun in 2011 and is carrying out a Humanitarian Protection Program in Tripoli and Misrata within different settings, included Gender-based Violence program since 2016.
In response to the current situation in Libya and to increase the capacity of women, men, boys and girls to prevent and respond to Gender-based Violence (GBV), the Project addresses specific needs of Survivors in the area of Misrata.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
Provide Case Management to vulnerable women, girls, men and boys at risk/Survivor of GBV, according to GBV Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and in line with Cesvi’s Code of Conduct, PSEA Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy;
Contributing to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of GBV case management within Cesvi and MoSa premises;
Proactively contribute to quality and timely drafting of reports on the progress of GBV activities;
Supporting with mapping and enhancement of services (public and private, national and international) focused on the provision of medical and social support to GBV survivors;
Conducting identification, assessment and referral of beneficiaries to appropriate services (internal and external);
Supporting in organizing and planning social events and life skills activities;
Organize and facilitate awareness sessions and Focus Group Discussions;
Provide Psychological First Aid to people highly distressed due to a recent traumatic event;
Representing Cesvi in a professional manner in meetings and ensure good cooperation with local partners, including MoSA, and other relevant actors;
Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings and trainings, in particular those concerning GBV;
Maintaining accurate records and support the Team Leader in preparing reports; documenting and sharing lessons learned and best practices;
Assisting in performing other tasks as requested by Team Leader and Programme Manager;
Duty station: Misrata
Responsible to: Case Management Team Leader
Experience in social work and/or in protection sectors;
· Good command of written and spoken English;
· Average IT skills: Microsoft Word and Excel;
· Sensitivity in dealing with refugees, migrants and IDPs;
· Accuracy in collecting and analysing data;
· Personal qualities: good listener, team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
· Reliability, proactivity and ability to carry out tasks independently, truthfulness and accuracy in reporting to supervisors;
· Capacity to apply gender, ethnic and environmental sensibilities to programme activities.
· Technical diploma or degree in social work, counselling, human rights, or related degree?
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان