JOB VACANCY Announcement-
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF currently offers primary health care for migrants in different detention centers in and around Misrata and in Bani Walid for survivors of violence, SGBV and torture. At the moment MSF is starting a mental health and psychosocial support program, with the focus on psychosocial activities in detention centers.For this purpose we want to hire a motivated, creative and experienced social worker for the activities in Misrata and surrounding communities.
For more information, Please visit our Arabic website, http://www.msf-me.org/ar
Providing psychosocial support according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients in detention and victims of violence, SGBV and torture.
· Develop and implement psychosocial and psychoeducation activities for migrants in detention and survivors of violence, SGBV and torture
· Respond to the patient’s individual needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
· Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities.
· Mapping and regular update of social partners. Maintaining the network and cooperating closely with the medical team, other relevant actors, institutions and other NGOs that are involved in psychosocial support activities
· Providing written reports, keeping records of activities, filing and documentation and ensuring the data collection
· Participating in team meetings and in clinical supervision with Mental Health Supervisor and the medical team
· Support Mental health activity manager and psychologist actively in training activities
· Attend in a flexible way to other activities proposed by the line manager
Degree in social work or similar professions desirable
Essential: 2 years’ experience minimum in a similar social job
Desirable: previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
Essential: English and Arabic
Desirable: French and/or Tigrinya / Somali
Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet), Strong communication, organizational and
social skills, Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team, Initiative, creativity and flexible, stress resistant
Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
Intended start date: ASAP
Working hours: 48 hours per week
Work location: Based in Misrata, with flexibility to travel other project areas and local vicinity.
Please send your application and updated CV and copies of your diploma and work certificates by e-mail with the subject: “PSYCHOSOCIAL WORKER-MISRATA” to following address:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for technical test/ interview.
The written test will be in English!
Position will be open until 22’nd December 2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان