The Project Manager will be responsible, under the direct supervision of the Country Director (CD) and Deputy Country Director (DCD), for assisting in the execution and management of IFES’ programs in Libya.
Job Responsibilities:Project Activities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of project activities, with a specific focus on the High National Elections Commission (HNEC), such as workshops, roundtable discussions, conferences, and related training seminars.
- Provide advice and recommendations for building the capacity of electoral management bodies, specifically staff and executives of the HNEC.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of the project direction, strategies and activities.
- Manage and ensure the timely execution of program activities according to program workplans with the HNEC.
- Assist with the planning, preparation, and implementation of short- and long-term capacity development plans related to the HNEC.
- Business Development: In coordination with CD, identify and pursue business development opportunities, including but not limited to meeting with potential donors and partners, conceptualizing new program opportunities, and developing/contributing to business development materials including briefing papers, concept papers, and proposals.
- Mentoring/Supervising: Provide day-to-day mentoring and coaching of specific Tripoli-based staff, including assigning tasks, and providing regular feedback and guidance.
- Reporting: Regularly attend and contribute to IFES-Libya weekly program meetings/calls, including adding to the agenda. Contribute to the Tripoli office contributions to project reporting, including quarterly reports, weekly updates, etc.
- Security: Provide regular feedback to CD and IFES Security Manager on security conditions and developments. Flag operational and strategic security concerns to CD and Security Manager.
- Provide project financial information about specific project activities to the field office finance team and/or HQ program and finance teams, including but not limited to monthly projections
- Contribute to ensure the IFES office in Tripoli is maintained and operated according to the highest professional standards and representability.
- Ensure the IFES office at HNEC is maintained according to the highest professional standards and representability.
- Contribute to ensure that proper administrative and operational assistance is provided to the senior staff and visiting consultants and employees, as needed.
- Translate internal memoranda, personnel forms, and policies as assigned by the CD/DCD.
- Support IFES’ oversight of program administration and implementation.
- Collaborate with the other Project Manager(s) on the coordination of program activities across thematic areas.
- Review critical translations to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensure that donor-specified program and financial reporting requirements are met, in coordination with the other Project Manager(s), the CD/DCD and IFES/HQ program team.
- Liaise with key contacts at the HNEC, and other partners as required.
- Conduct research as needed for project activities.
- Ensure regular written program updates and donor reports.
- Oversee scheduling for senior staff and visiting consultants to ensure that appropriate appointments are made with the HNEC.
- Other duties as assigned by the CD and/or DCD.
- Minimum of six years of experience international organizations – ideally working in democracy and governance sector;
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Proven track record with democracy and governance programming in developing countries;
- Familiarity with political, economic, and social issues in Libya;
- Strong written and spoken Arabic and English language skills;
- Ability to manage and develop strong local relationships;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience in working with USAID-funded programs is a plus.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal/representational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Enhanced ability to manage internal and external relationships;
- Strong diplomatic skills set, including empathy and compassion, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution and tact;
- Ability to lead and mentor, be creative and flexible, solve problems.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان