Workplace: Nafusa Mountain, Libya and surrounding communities.
It is a full time
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical):
Reports to (Functional):
The Social Worker (SW) will provide psychosocial support according to MSF principles, standards and procedures to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients in detention and victims of violence, SGBV and torture.
• Identify psycho-social needs of detainees through a psycho-social assessment. Respond to the detainees’ psycho-social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct psycho-social support.
• Contact detainees to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed
• Participate in the creation of any material needed for the psychosocial support and counselling activities. Take care of psycho-social materials and equipment to ensure continuity.
• Collaborate with protection counsellors, doctors and nurses and when needed, participate in the interdisciplinary meetings.
• Map and regularly update useful psycho-social resources to improve psycho-social services scope and responsiveness.
• Keep records, statistic and files updated, provide required reports such as activity sitrep.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
MSF currently offers primary health care for migrants in different detention centers in and around Misrata, Zintan, and in Bani Walid for survivors of violence, SGBV and torture. The OCP’s Mental Health activities in Libya detention centers primarily aim at providing psychosocial support activities to all migrants in detention centers in to minimize worsening of their mental health status. Secondarily, providing counselling services to individuals with moderate mental health problems, victims of torture, SGBV, multiple traumatized, and referring those with severe MENTAL HEALTH problems to specialists. The general goal is restoring dignity and strengthening resilience for migrants inside and outside the detention.
The specific accountabilities:
1. Organize and implement psychosocial support activities (in collaboration with the psychologist and Mental Health focal doctor)
· Ensure distributions recreational materials, recreational activities, psychoeducation and talking sessions, and surveillance activities, as well as awareness MSF services for all detainees
· Identify psychosocial needs of detainees and survivors of violence in and outside of detention center
· Organize psychosocial support activities for detainees and survivors of violence
· Provide psycho-education to detainees on mental health, and in collaboration with medical team patient education for TB and HIV.
· Ensure continuity for these activities and participate in the creation of any material needed
· Organize and animate group sessions to help certain detainees to cope with experiences such as survival from a shipwreck, sexual violence, illness e.g. TB.
· Give information about MSF services and actively promote mental health and psychosocial activities
2. Psychological (Counselling) for individuals and groups, and referrals to other professionals
· Conduct an individual assessment of the detainees who are victims of torture, SGBV or considered as having moderate Mental Health illness to identify their psycho-social needs and manage according to the referral criteria i.e.
Ø provide basic psychosocial care
Ø organize and animate closed groups with shared experience such as torture, sexual abuse, illness.
Ø Refer to a psychologist or the Mental Health focal doctor severe Mental Health cases.
Ø Flag or refer cases with protection needs.
· Follow up of psychiatric patients (hospitalized or in detention centers) to ensure adherence to treatment and improvement (following the medical team and psychiatrist’s recommendations)
3. Networking (in collaboration with Protection)
Mapping, regular update of and maintenance of contact with social partners, other NGOs, and governmental social services to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
· Participating in team meetings and, clinical supervision and case discussions
· Attend in a flexible way to other activities proposed by the line manager
Essential: English and Arabic
Desirable: French and/or Tigrinya / Somali
• Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
• Strong communication, organizational and social skills
• Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Initiative, creativity and flexibility, stress-resistant
flexibility to travel other project areas and the local vicinity
Desirable degree in social work.
Two years minimum in a similar social job;
Experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
Essential: local language; mission language will be a plus.
Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
Each person interested in this position must send his/her CV, cover letter, diplomas and work certificates by e-mail titled ”Social Worker” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Position will be open until 22th December 2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان