Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Operations Assistant (Direct Assistant) (1 Vacancy)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G5
Type of Appointment : SST (6 months with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN.LY10.2019.036
Closing Date : Dec 15, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer based in Tripoli and overall supervision of DCOM, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the migrant response inside Libya and support field operations under the Direct Assistance (DA) and within the IOM Libya Emergency Response portfolio.
He/she will be based in Tripoli and will assist with the operations of the DA activities in Libya.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1- Assist the National Project Officer in implementation and coordination of daily operations and project related activities related to migrant and IDP responses in accordance to IOM protocols and guidelines;
2- Conduct assessments and distributions in area of responsibility;
3- Ensure the needs assessments and distributions are aligned to the targeting criteria of IOM and sector guidance;
4- Lead team of contractor/partner staff in organising assessment and distributions;
5- Liaise with management of formal/informal camps, detention centers, local and national authorities, crisis committees, formal/informal structures, community groups to facilitate delivery of services to beneficiaries;
6- Liaise with relevant line ministries to coordinate IOM and DA related activities;
7- Act as a focal point for Access related issues, attend regular Access Working Group meetings and liaise with relevant ministries, OCHA and IOM Security Unit to enable smooth implementation of activities in the affected areas.
8- Liaise with partners (Rapid Response Mechanism and other operational partners) to conduct joint operations for complementarity of services and staff;
9- Adhere to standard operating procedures aligned to project guidelines and implementation agreement(s).
10- Assist the National Project Officer for coordinating the weekly plans and activities within the area of responsibility;
11- Assist in preparation of weekly reports/updates for the DA unit..
12- Coordinate closely with all relevant units internally within IOM including MRRM, Protection, VHR, SAR, Technical Cooperation, Medical etc. to joint planning and implementation where necessary;
13- Ensure that all field-based staff is aware and strictly complies with the IOM Operational Guidelines;
14- Liaise and coordinate with all relevant partners and stakeholder within operational area including Shelter Sector, Local Authorities, UN and other humanitarian agencies on providing support to affected populations;
15- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
• Secondary [high school] education with five years of relevant experience
• At least three years of experience in similar position with comprehensive understanding of UN system, and access related tasks at an international organization including the United Nations, non-governmental organization, academic institutions, embassies, etc.
• Attention to detail and ability to organize
• Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet Strong interpersonal and
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 15 December 2019 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.12.2019 to 15.12.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان