Number of position: 1
Location: Tripoli – Need to travel to remote areas:
Tamanhent, Nalout, Zintan, Graboulli etc.
Position Reports to: Medical coordinator
Date needed ASAP
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
The main responsibility of specialist obstetrician and gynecologist will be creation of a training plan , and preparation of training materials and conduction of capacity building sessions on subjects related to ANC and reproductive health in general to staff of Primary health care centers targeted by the project of Primary health care support project , implemented by IMC in collaboration and guidance of MOH and through fund from GIZ, this project will work on improving PHC services at 5 PHCCs at 5 Libyan municipalities , municipalities and PHCCs had been selected after through needs assessment conducted in 16 municipalities, the 5 centers selected by MOH are located at: Janzour, Garabolli,Tmanhent, Zintan and Nalout.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:· Provide medical consultations and appropriate treatment to beneficiaries of PHCC-Gynecology and
obstetrics OPD – in the targeted PHCC when needed;
· Examining and monitoring pregnant women, undertaking antenatal care;
· Planning and creation of capacity building plan for the staff of selected PHCCs in main topics related to ANC and productive health in general;
· Development of training materials to be used to train the staff of the selected PHCCs, this include power point presentations and short hand notes;
· Provide capacity building through short intense courses provided to staff of the PHCC, and follow up with the staff on application of the learned medical knowledge and guidelines through regular on job
supervision, follow up, and regular weekly skype meetings;
· Specialist need to travel to remote areas including: Tamenhent, Nalout, Zintan, Garabolli and Janzour to provide the needed capacity building to staff of targeted PHCC;
· Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods and childbirth.
· Diagnose and properly treat gynecological disorders;
· Provide medical assistance related to family planning, STIs management and post exposure prophylaxis in general including CMR according to recognizable guidelines whenever needed;
· Provide appropriate treatment to beneficiaries of PHCC according to recognizable guidelines;
· Obtain appropriate information and maintain sufficient patient records as needed, report patient data using electronic data interface assigned by monitoring evaluation department, for instance: commcare;
· Provide regular on-Job training to general practitioners at the PHCC, through providing clinical instructions, structure set of lectures and by observing them during providing service, to make them able to provide basics of ANC (ante natal care) to all pregnant ladies, and to make them able to conduct basics of safe delivery in uncomplicated normal vaginal labors, also training the GPs on basics of obstetrics ultrasound whenever possible;
To conduct some managerial tasks, by supervising other team members, be proactive and try to solve problems and
provide solutions to administration of the facility and to medical coordinator;
· Provide patients with correct information regarding his/her conditions;
· Ensures patient confidentiality;
· Work and plan with other program staff on program activities needed to be implemented on the ground;
· Follow-up patients as appropriate including those referred to higher facilities;
· Perform regular health education sessions for beneficiaries;
· Inform his/her supervisor of any needs in the facility for prompt action;
· Provide a regular written and verbal updates regarding activities conducted including monthly reports and daily data collection report on morbidity and services rendered;
· Submit monthly drug consumption report to supervisor;
· Preparation and submitting of good issue order (GIO) when needed;
· Follow security protocols including: provide travel updates on a daily basis to security focal point and supervisor;
· Attend and participate regular country and program meetings as scheduled;
· Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives;
QUALIFICATIONS:· Registered medical doctor, with proved track record of recognizable experience.
· At least 5 years’ clinical experience, preferably 1 year as GP and 4 years at Gynecology and Obstetrics.
· Specialist qualification through Arab board, Libyan board, MRCOG or other recognizable board of obstetrics and
gynecology is highly preferable but not mandatory if candidate can show competence through other set of diplomas
or accumulative experience.
· Able to provide lectures, tutoring and on-job training to GPs and other health professionals about ANC, safe delivery
and family planning basics.
· Able to provide treatment and assistance to all individuals needing his/her care.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Willing to work in resource limited settings, especially peripheral areas in Libya.
· Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
· Proactivity and problem solving skills.
· Able to speak in Arabic, English desirable.
· Willing to do manual work when necessary
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV and Cover letter to Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting
لتقدم للوظيفة Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org