To coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide support to staff in Tripoli Office within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
• Monitor the daily cash position of petty cash of Tripoli office in order to contribute to the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of Petty Cash, monitor expenditure, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met and prepare Monthly report for petty cash.
• Coordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
• Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, Emergency food supply, office needs, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost¬ effectiveness of operations and services.
• Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, office stationery, travel (booking tickets, Act as UNHAS focal point) and WFP vehicle Movement, etc..,
• Reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
• Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc.,
• Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administrative services in the area of responsibility.
• Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
• Coordinate and submit travel requests for the system through WFP internal system
• Checking and following requirements of using a private vehicle for official purposes.
• Updating the Master Staff List on a monthly bases as a part of coordination between Admin unit with the Security unit for staff counting and safety also for admin purposes and updating contact list/extensions.
• Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources, tasks such as (updating following-up Benghazi updates APP 2019 -Following-up Services rendered by ICT unit).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Both oral and written fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
At least five years in Admin and Finance support or related business area
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day to day work.
Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Finance and Admin Associate
Type & Level of Contract: Special Service Agreement – SSA-6
Duration: Three months
Unit/Division: Finance and Admin unit
Duty Station(City, Country): Tripoli, Libya
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application no later than Monday 11 December 2019.
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان