Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Operations Specialist (Compliance)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G6
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Number : SVN.LY10.2019.032
Closing Date : December 7, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of Operations Officer (Movement), the Operations Specialist (Compliance) is responsible for undertaking compliance activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and undertake compliance activities in an assigned area or areas, such as project monitoring and evaluation, training, youth services, project reporting, project support and/or protection.
2. In close coordination with the USRAP Oversight Officer in Washington, D.C., oversee monitoring and evaluation activities, including, if requested, planning monitoring and evaluation activities, designing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, such as surveys, interview protocols and focus group topics, administering surveys, interviews and focus groups, analysing monitoring and evaluation data and reporting on data to relevant persons.
3. Oversee and plan training activities for Movement Operations staff members, including serving as a Training Focal Point for the Region in close coordination with the HR-Business Partner. Coordinate with management and staff members to identify training needs within the Region; plan, organize and administer trainings; support the delivery of trainings; learn to deliver, and deliver, trainings; report to the HR-Business Partner and Staff Learning and Development (SDL) at HQ on trainings that are held; and contribute as needed to the development of new training packages.
4. Provide support to management in relation to a wide range of special projects serving all pillars of Movement Operations in the Region as well as Movement Operations management and IOM Units that are outside of, but support, Movement Operations activities. In relation to project reporting, support management as needed with compiling information for reports and distributing reports within IOM Libya for internal use.
5. Oversee protection activities related to vulnerable beneficiaries served by Movement Operations, such as children, the elderly, survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) persons and other marginalized individuals, including, if assigned, providing training on how to work with at-risk individuals, drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), tools and reference materials, monitoring the implementation of SOPs and tools, providing regular reports on at-risk cases, liaising with colleagues and partners on relevant issues, and analysing or completing documentation related to youth.
6. Administer the Transit Center Youth Services area, maintaining an environment that is conducive to the education of children and young adults. In this capacity, provide equal access to the Youth Services area for all children, arrange for adequate supervision during center hours, promote the center through visual materials and announcements, and ensure equipment and materials are available, appropriate, clean and safe for use by children.
7. Create and organize youth-themed recreation times and classes at the Transit Center using known educational content and curriculum in the language(s) of the children being served. Identify creative ways to deliver Transit Center-relevant lessons related to personal hygiene, environmental awareness and community health.
8. Work with Transit Center staff members to ensure that special attention is brought to the hygiene and consistent stocking of items used by children.
9. Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished to supervisors and team members.
10. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
11. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Operations Officer (Movement) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public &Business Administration, or related academic background, combined with at least 4 years of relevant working experience; or,
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with at least 6 years of relevant working experience;
• Prior experience working with youth or on protection-related issues is a distinct advantage
• Attention to detail and ability to organize
• Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Thorough knowledge of English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 7 December 2019 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 24.11.2019 to 07.12.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان