Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Government and Stakeholder Liaison Officer
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : NOB
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Code : SVN.LY10.2019.035
Closing Date : November 30, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), the National Government and Stakeholder Liaison Officer in close coordination with the Deputy Chief of Mission and project managers will be responsible for providing day to day support to the office of the Chief of Mission with liaison and maintaining good relationships with government entities and with other stakeholders.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1- Liaise with the government officials, local authorities, communities and other stakeholders with the aimed at strengthening collaboration and facilitating the implementation of IOM’s mandate and activities.
2- In close coordination with the Chief of Mission, support the Project Managers in the implementation of their activities and in particular with government liaison at all levels of government.
3- Provide technical inputs and recommendations for the effective implementation of activities through monitoring of field activities.
4- Provide regular briefings to the Chief of Mission regarding government changes and other socio-political changes in Libya that affect IOM activities and operations.
5- Identify risks and challenges to the ongoing operations of the projects and provide recommendations to the Chief of Mission.
6- Monitor the performance of selected project activities as instructed by the Chief of Mission.
7- In coordination with the Programme Development Support Unit make recommendations for new activities and for improved synergies with ongoing activities.
8- Identify areas and partners where collaboration with other UN agencies, civil society or other stakeholders could be strengthened.
9- Coordinate and plan the collection of successful stories of the beneficiaries and share with PI unit.
10- Help emergency cells during crises and provide advice and technical support as needed.
11- Participate in the relevant conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings internally and externally as instructed by the CoM.
12- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Business Administration, Communications, International Relations, Political science, Computer Science or related academic background with 2 years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields from an accredited institution; with 4 years of relevant experience.;
• Experience in an international, humanitarian/development organization is an advantage
• Fluency in English is required.
• Working knowledge of French and Spanish is advantageous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to [email protected], by 30 November 2019 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 17.11.2019 To 30.11.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان