The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Under the direct supervision and the guidance from the Child Protection Officer, the Child Protection Caseworker will conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence and their families, in this process. With supervision from the Child Protection Officer, the Child Protection Caseworker will also support recreational activities within identified spaces.
· Ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by conducting documentation, assessments, action plans, direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load of children
· Provide support to families in the process of case management, including foster and alternative care
· Directly work with other caseworkers and service providers on management of caseload and referrals
· Raise awareness on child protection principles and practices with key community members (i.e. physical abuse, risks for children, parenting tips, etc.)
· Communicate regularly with CP Officer for updates on achievements and challenges
· Coordinate with other IRC sectors staff (e.g. Health, WPE, etc.) at field level
· Together with the Recreational Facilitator, conduct activities for children in CDC/health facilities whenever available and free from case management duties
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Child Protection Officer
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Women Protection and Empowerment Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: WPE Case Worker, Child Protection Facilitator
· Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred
· Minimum of 1 year experience as social worker or related field
· Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
· Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
· Fluency in Arabic required
· Basic knowledge of English is an asset
· Good computer skills are an asset
Working Environment: The Child Protection Caseworker will be based in Misrata, with frequent travels to Tawergha, in order to support and follow up individual cases of children identified in need of case management.
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6954
The end date for applications is November 12th 2019
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان