The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Women’s Protection and Empowerment Program Manager and the overall guidance of the Protection Coordinator, the Senior Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for training activities aimed at improving the capacity of IRC Case Workers, Community Outreach Volunteers as well local Civil Society organizations (CSO) and NGOs in Misrata implementing GBV prevention and response and child protection related activities. The Senior Capacity Building Officer will design and implement training on GBV/CP basic concepts, case management, psychosocial support and other GBV/CP topics as required. S/He will be responsible for preparing training outlines and materials, completing all financial and logistical procedures associated with the training, and submitting training reports. The Senior Capacity Building Officer will also assist with general programmatic responsibilities and administrative tasks in Misrata as needed, and attend relevant meetings and workshops when assigned.
Major RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Capacity Building Officer will:
· Conduct training needs assessments for IRC Protection staff in Misrata and community outreach volunteers to identify capacity/training needs and gaps.
· Regularly communicate identified capacity and training gaps and needs to the line manager.
· Develop a training plan in close coordination with Community Engagement and Outreach Officer, Child Protection Officer and Women Protection and Empowerment Officer and consultation with the WPE Manager and Protection Coordinator.
· Plan, coordinate and deliver relevant protection related training to IRC staff, community outreach volunteers, CBOs and local NGOs and other GBV/CP actors in Misrata.
· Support the Community Engagement and Outreach Officer in delivering training on effective engagement of and communication with communities
· Assist the WPE Manager and Protection Coordinator in delivering specialized training.
· Monitor training outcomes through baseline surveys, pre- and post-tests, and follow-up interviews, and continually reflect on training experiences and monitoring data to improve future training.
· Identify appropriate actors that would benefit and be interested in GBV/CP training, and communicate to other relevant IRC staff/teams in support of ongoing potential partner mapping as appropriate.
· Ensure all training and capacity building activities are carried out in accordance with IRC policies and procedures
· Coordinate and organizing logistics for training, including raising purchase requests to ensure all materials are ready for training
· Translate training materials into English and Arabic and ensure training documents are current and up-to-date.
· Provide support to the development and implementation of community engagement and outreach strategies, plans and activities
· Support with the development or revision of guidelines and resources used for awareness raising sessions and information dissemination activities.
· Establish and maintain working relationships with IRC’s partners, networks and stakeholders.
· Compile and timely submit reports related to training activities to the line manager
· Carry out any other task as assigned by the line manager
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position Reports to: Women Protection and Empowerment Manager
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Protection Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: WPE Officer, Protection Information Management Officer and Community Engagement and Outreach Officer.
External: Community Based Organizations, GBV/CP service providers/actors
University degree in social sciences (i.e. social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, gender studies, human rights, etc.) or any relevant field.
· Experience providing training, facilitation workshop and organizing meetings and proficient in using participatory methods
Commitment to working with women and girls and effectively addressing the issues they face.
Previous work with or within a women’s organization or international NGO will be an added advantage.
Familiarity with GBV or CP core concepts will be an added advantage.
Ability to organize work, coordinate multiple tasks, meet deadlines, work in a professional environment, work under pressure, and work within a multi-cultural team.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other implementing partners
Strong oral and written English skills needed, and oral and written Arabic mandatory. Proficient in written translation from English to Arabic.
· Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Must be flexible and willing to learn and develop
· Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
The Senior Capacity Building Officer will be based in Misrata with travels to Tawergha. He/she will coordinate training and capacity building activities both in Misrata and Tawergha.
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6960
The end date for applications is November 12th 2019
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان