The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Under the direct supervision and the guidance from the Community Engagement and Outreach Officer, the Community Engagement and Outreach Assistant will support in planning, implementing and monitoring of community engagement and outreach activities in Misrata and Tawergha. The Community Engagement and Information Assistant will have the lead role of mobilizing local communities and conducting awareness raising sessions and other community engagement and outreach activities in selected communities.
· In close coordination with the Community Engagement and Outreach Officer, actively participate in planning, execution and monitoring of community engagement and outreach activities.
In collaboration with other Protection staff, ensure that regular assessment is conducted to ascertain community view of Protection activities and how best to ensure that the condition of women, girls and children are improved at community level
· Actively participate in planning and facilitation of feedback, learning and consultation meetings or sessions with target population and communities.
· Ensure the involvement and active participation of target population and community through a range of community level activities.
· Take part in developing strategies to promote and strengthen participation of various groups of the target population in protection activities.
· Assist the Community Engagement and Outreach Officer and other Protection staff in establishing relationships, connections and networks with relevant stakeholders in target communities
· Support and actively participate in mobilizing target communities and population for protection activities.
· Establish proper communication and information dissemination channels with the target population.
· Support in the identification and reporting of key protection concerns and issues of the target population.
· Work closely with other community outreach volunteers and other IRC Protection staff to create awareness and conduct information dissemination activities in the target communities/locations.
· Identify possibly vulnerability cases and facilitate appropriate action, including referrals to IRC Protection team i.e. WPE and CP.
Ensure that identified obstacles to program implementation at community level are communicated to the line manager and other Protection staff in a timely manner and discussed for further action.
· Support in conducting protection related assessments in target communities such as rapid protection assessment, Do No Harm assessment etc.
· Compile and submit weekly progress reports to the line manager.
· Carry out any other task as assigned by the line manager
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Community Engagement and Outreach Officer
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Women Protection and Empowerment Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: WPE Case Worker, Child Protection Facilitator, Child Protection Office, WPE Officer, Protection Information Management Officer
· Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred
· Experience working at the community level with different individuals, groups or stakeholders including local organizations or local leaders.
· Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment as a flexible and respectful team player, and under emergency conditions;
· Good community communication skills; willingness and availability to spend time in the community.
· Problem solving, analytical and writing skills, with the ability to produce reports for internal and external use.
· Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders
· Ability to work easily as part of the team.
· Fluency in Arabic required. Basic English language skills will be an added advantage.
· Good computer skills are an asset
· Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
Working Environment: The Community Engagement and Outreach Assistant will be based in Misrata, with frequent travels to Tawergha, in order to support the implementation of community engagement and outreach activities.
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=6953
The end date for applications is the 12th of November, 2019.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان