Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 200 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 7 million people in 22 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
PUI Libya mission started implementing operations in East of Libya (Benghazi area) in 2017 and developed an emergency health response that provides primary health care services to the most vulnerable population. PUI’s intervention focuses on health care through the deployment of Mobile Health Teams (MHT) delivering direct services to internal displaced populations and their host communities, migrants, refugees and asylum seekers. PUI Health intervention consists of general practitioners consultations, adequate treatment provision, sexual and reproductive health services, integrated management of Childhood Illness, psychosocial support interventions. Furthermore, PUI is reinforcing sensitization, communication and prevention on health and hygiene related topics within the communities. In 2019, PUI Benghazi office is starting a new project called Evidence Based NCD care, a model for PHC in Libya with the objective to enhance access to Non Communicable Disease health services in the PHC level in the target area. The project includes 2 health facilities and 2,000 patients will benefit from the services.
Since 2018, PUI intends to extend its area of intervention to eastern and southern Mantikas in East of Libya to better reach out the most vulnerable. For that purpose, PUI conducted an exploratory mission in the Al Kufrah region (south-east Libya) in order to identify the specific needs of this isolated area and develop an adapted humanitarian response. Thus, PUI will soon start implementing comprehensive health related activities to ensure a continuous access to essential care. PUI’s Al Kufrah’s action will combine three levels of intervention: (1) Direct service delivery of primary health care by one MHT through an outreach approach targeting the vulnerable population, (2) At community level, PUI will deploy a network of community health workers (CHW) that will facilitate and optimize the work of the MHT through sensitisation, screening and referral activities; and (3) At health facility level via technical support. The operation will start in Autumn 2019 after a three month inception phase including capacity building of the team and installation of a PUI office, composed of a full management and health team.
Preliminary job information
Country and Base
Finance & Administration Manager
Type of Contract
6 month renewable contract (with a first 3 month contract)
Other benefits (Family Health Insurance…)
Expected Date Of Arrival
24/10/2018 – 11.59 pm
Application submission information
Interested candidates should submit their applications by EMAIL with the subject: AKF Cook/Cleaner + your FULL NAME to email@example.com or to PUI Office with letter of motivation, resume, diplomas and any relevant certificates (work, training, authorisation from Libyan ministries to work for another employer..), contact (phone/email)
Execute to a good standard cooking, housekeeping, cleaning and tidying activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Prepare meals for Staffs , including budgeting and grocery shopping
Ensure PUI Office and Guesthouse are clean according to hygienic standards
Specific goals and related activities
1. Prepare meals for Staffs and do the related groceries shopping
· Carry out the preparation of meals for staff
· Follow at all times all hygiene standards and security rules.
· Ensure meals to be served on time: set table before every meal and clean it up after each meal.
· Control stock of food so as to ask for anything needed on time and prepare shopping list and make purchases if required (once or twice a week)
· Ensure the provision of drinkable water during the day
· Ensure cleanliness of all facilities, utensils and equipment.
· Look after all equipment provided.
· Keep an inventory of kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and ensure its integrity.
· Report all important information (lost, robbery, damages, deterioration, incident, etc.) to superior
2. Ensure PUI Office/Guesthouse are clean according to hygienic standards
General tasks in all premises (Office/Guesthouse) :
· Cleaning and polishing all desks, floors, cupboards, shelves, work surface and filing cabinets.
· Sweep all rooms, dust desks and furniture on a daily basis
· Mop the floor and to clean windows and panes (inside & outside) when deemed necessary.
· Sweep and/or Mop the stairwell at least once a week.
· Collect garbage of dustbins on a daily basis and to take the rubbish out when deemed necessary.
· Clean and disinfect bathrooms and toilets when deemed necessary or at least twice a week.
· Clean and disinfect refrigerator when deemed necessary or at least on a bi-monthly basis.
· Defrost the refrigerator when deemed necessary or at least twice a year.
· Change and wash regularly towels
· Wash the curtains when deemed necessary
· Wash dishes regularly
Specific tasks related to Guesthouse and PUI residents :
· Wash clothes and bedsheets
· Wash by hand when specifically told.
· Iron expatriates staff’s clothes when required
In General, the Collaborator has to remain flexible and to perform any other duties as required for the good running of the mission
NB: This job description may be subject to modifications in the future, depending on the evolution of the activities. These modifications will then be defined and discussed between the Collaborator and PUI
Required knowledge and skills
4 High School Degree
4 Proven Experience as cook and Cleaner
4 Experience in cooking or cleaning for Expatriates
4 Experience in working in International NGO
knowledge and skills
4 Knowledge of cooking techniques different recipes (local and western food)
4 Knowledge of basic Hygiene standards
4 Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
4 Ability to work with people from other countries and to adapt to their different habits
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment)
4 Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative and responsibility
4 High stress tolerance
4 Ability to help the employees when they are working in hard to ready for them their needing from kitchen.
4 Ability to work at any time even on the weekend if required and upon request to comes to office for emergency work.
4 Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
4 Integrity and rigor
4 Proactive, Committed and Flexible
4 Service and Result Oriented
4 Reliable and Punctual
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications by EMAIL ONLY with the subject: AKF COOK/CLEANER + your FULL NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of motivation, resume, diplomas and any relevant certificates (work, training), contact (phone/email
لتقدم للوظيفة email@example.com