Number of position: 1
Location: Tripoli – Need to travel to remote areas:
Tamanhent, Nalout, Zintan, Graboulli, etc.
Date needed ASAP
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF >WORK >
The main responsibility of specialist Psychiatrist will be creation of a training plan , and preparation of training materials and conduction of capacity building sessions on subjects related to ANC and reproductive health in general to staff of Primary health care centers targeted by the project of Primary health care support project , implemented by IMC in collaboration and guidance
of MOH and through fund from GIZ, this project will work on improving PHC services at 5 PHCCs at 5 Libyan municipalities , municipalities and PHCCs had been selected after through needs assessment conducted in 16 municipalilities , the 5 centers selected by MOH are located at : Janzour, Garabolli, Tmanhent, Zintan and Nalout.Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:· Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals
with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of
· Planning and creation of capacity building plan for the staff of selected PHCCs in main topics related to mental health.
· Development of training materials to be used to train the staff of the selected PHCCs, this include power point presentations and short hand notes.
· Provide capacity building through short intense courses provided to staff of the PHCC, and follow up with the staff on application of the learned medical knowledge and guidelines through regular on job
supervision, follow up, and regular weekly skype meetings.
· Specialist need to travel to remote areas including: Tamenhent, Nalout , Zintan, Garabolli and Janzour to provide the needed capacity building to staff of targeted PHCC.
· Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
· Work on building the capacity of the medical health professionals to provide basics of mental health,
through training of GPs to diagnose and treat basic and most common mental health presentations, using WHO mhGAP curriculum as a reference, also training the nurses on providing basic psychological first aid, this should be done through planning and preparing set of lectures and short trainings, in addition to supervising on-job application of learned material.
· To ensure that the trained doctors are working within the framework of WHO mh-GAP guidelines
continuously Provide individual counseling session with the severe cases that may need higher level of intervention.
· Provide on call based psychiatric consultations and appropriate treatment to the cases with the trained
Conduct awareness sessions with the parents of children with mental health diseases, or mentally
challenged children, once a month in each health facility.
· Ensure the documentation of the visits, and provide a regular written update regarding activities conducted including all supervision forms.
· Ensures patient confidentiality
· Support the integration of mental health at the health facility level and providing feedback to clinic and IMC management.
· Support the integration of the MH services at different IMC MMUs and PHC.
· Support implementation and ensure the effectiveness of referral pathways to higher-level specialized mental health care.
· Attend and participate regular country program and feedback meetings as scheduled
· Follow security protocols including: provide travel updates daily to security focal point and supervisor
· Follow up the supplies of psychotropic medications to the targeted health facilities.
· Liaise with IMC Health Technical Unit MHPSS team
QUALIFICATIONS:· Holds a degree in medicine with specialization in psychiatry and holds current license/registration to practice
· Has a minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience in mental health, through practicing as independent psychiatrist.
· Holds specialist recognition through board certification, either from Arab board, Libyan board, MRCPsych or other recognizable board in mental health is highly preferable but not mandatory if candidate can show competence through other diplomas, certifications or accumulated experience.
· Skills and experience with administrative aspects of managing Mental health disorders, including record keeping, follow-ups, and referral
· Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, Proactivity and problem-solving skills.
· Diplomatic and able to network and build good working relationships
· Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities
· A good command of verbal and written English
How To Apply
Email your CV and Cover letter to Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان