Closing date: October 5th 2019
A Male and female Psychosocial worker for each city
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details about the organization: http://www.hi.org
HI has been operational continuously in Libya since 2011, and up until the end of 2014 delivered a large-scale Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) program from bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Sirte. In the last three years, HI has delivered health and protection services including physical therapy, provision of assistive devices and mobility equipment and psychosocial support to over 5,000 persons directly impacted by the ongoing crisis, as well as targeting health and rehabilitation centers in Tripoli and Misrata with technical capacity development and donations of much needed and otherwise depleted equipment. In 2019, HI will continue to provide emergency health and protection support to the most vulnerable persons in Libya, in Tripoli, Benghazi and Misrata. In addition of its actual projects, HI is starting a three year project entitled “Action for Mental Health Assistance in Libya” (AMAL), as part of wider initiatives to improve the access and quality of health care services in Libya. The activities will take place in Tripoli, Benghazi and Misrata.
We are looking for a male and a female psychosocial worker for AMAL project. The main tasks for this position will be:
– Conducting awareness sessions on mental health disorders in the community
– Providing psychosocial support to people with mental health disorders and their caregivers through individual as well as group session
– Liaise with services providers to refer people in need of specialized care
– Graduated students in psychology or social sciences
– Experience in mental health and psychosocial support
– Very good interpersonal and communication skills including with people with mental health disorders
– Fluent in Arabic, English would be an asset
– Good writing skills
– Available from October onwards
Please send your CV and cover letter by email, with the subject reference :
– “PSYCHOSOCIAL WORKER-AMAL–2019-MISRATA” to: email@example.com
HI workers/service providers/consultants must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
– Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Application closing date is October 5th 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview and test.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان