Number of position: 1
Date needed ASAP
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
1. Provide medical consultations and appropriate treatment to beneficiaries of Abduljalil Martyrs PHCC at Janzour municipality, 5 days per week from 9:00 till 17:00
2. To supervise other IMC team members at the PHCC, and act as a focal point at the health facility to link between the medical team and medical coordinator.
3. To help other IMC team members to provide short training sessions and on-job training to the health care providers at the health facility.
4. To help the MOH staff at the primary health care center to follow WHO standards, including rules of disinfection and personal and patient protection, and proper ways of disposal of sharps and medical wastes.
5. Provide short capacity building lectures and on-job training on topics related to primary health care to MOH staff at the PHC.
6. Obtain appropriate information and maintain sufficient patient records as needed
7.Provide patients with correct information regarding his/her conditions
8.Ensures patient confidentiality
9. Work and plan with other program staff on program activities needed to be implemented on the ground
10.Follow-up patients as appropriate including those referred to higher facilities
11.Perform regular health education sessions for beneficiaries.
12.Inform his/her supervisor of any needs in the facility for prompt action
13. Provide a regular written and verbal update regarding activities conducted including monthly
reports and daily data collection report on morbidity and services rendered
14. Submit monthly drug consumption report to supervisor
15. Preparation and submitting of good issue order (GIO).
16. Follow security protocols including: provide travel updates on a daily basis to security focal point and supervisor
17. Attend and participate regular country and program meetings as scheduled
18. Any other responsibilities assigned by his/her supervisor for the fulfillment of program objectives
Registered Medical doctor.
2. At least 5 years clinical experience, preferably 1 year at ER and 2 years at least as GP.
3. Able to provide treatment and assistance to all individuals needing his/her care.
4. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Willing to work in resource limited settings, especially peripheral areas in Libya.
6. Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
7. Able to speak in Arabic, English desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Arabic is a native language; Fluency in English is desirable.
How To Apply
Email your CV and Cover letter to Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان