Number of position: 1
Date needed ASAP
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assist in consultations of medical doctors
2. Conduct home visits according to plans prepared by medical team and approved by supervisor
3. Follow up with target groups such as pregnant/lactating women, children less than 5 years old
especially with regard to utilization and access to antenatal services and vaccination services and TBC
4. Provide emergency medical services to beneficiaries as per emergency on call schedule
5. Conduct triage and initial patient assessment prior to referral to the medical doctor
6. Maintain records of patients.
7. Provide mentoring, short capacity building lectures and on-job training to other nurses at the primary health care center.
8. Ensure appropriate treatment and management to all patients under his/her care according to the
9. Provide patients with correct information regarding his/her conditions
10. Ensures patient confidentiality
11. Administers medications as prescribed by the attending doctor
12. Inform his/her supervisor of any needs for prompt action
13. Provide weekly reports regarding beneficiaries visited
14. Submit daily and weekly medicine consumption report
15. Perform regular health education sessions for beneficiaries.
16. Attend scheduled program meetings
17. Actively participate in activity planning
18. Assist other program staff whenever needed2
19. Any other responsibility assigned by his/her supervisor.
1- Registered nurse, with experience in emergency medical and surgical cases.
2. At least 3 years clinical experience.
3. Able to provide treatment and assistance to all individuals needing his/her care.
4. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Willing to work in resource limited settings, especially peripheral areas in Libya.
6. Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities.
7. Able to speak in Arabic, English desirable.
8. Willing to do manual work when necessary
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Arabic is a native language; Fluency in English is desirable.
How To Apply
Email your CV and Cover letter to Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان