The humanitarian situation in Libya has deteriorated since the 2014 civil war. According to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Plan for 798, 000 Libyans and non-Libyans in urgent need of humanitarian assistance of which 553, 705 individuals are reported to be in need of health assistance including 71,514 host community and non-displaced Libyans, 171, 674 returnees, 254, 317 mixed migrants and 56, 160 internally displaced persons (IDPs). The IRC launched an emergency program in September 2016 in Libya that provided medical care, medicines, and medical supplies in hospitals and primary health care centers (PHCCs) in Misrata. Since then, the IRC’s health programming has expanded to a mobile health team model (MHT), made up of Libyan staff, to provide primary health care services in PHCCs in Misrata and Sirte, and in two detention centers in Tripoli. As the IRC tries to integrate programming wherever possible, the MHT in Misrata also includes GBV case managers, targeting women and children. In addition, IRC will lead a consortium comprising Primary Care International (PCI) and Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) to support the Libya MoH strengthen services for non communicable diseases (NCDs).
IRC Libya is currently undergoing an expansion, with increased Health-focused interventions in Tripolitania, Cyrenaica and Fezzan under which the IRC will provide primary health care services and GBV case management in static PHCs and through mobile teams, working with Libyans and non-Libyans.
This position is responsible for overall quality of reproductive health (RH) services under EU funded EPHS project and the Evidence Based NCD Care: A Model for PHC in Libya (NCDPHC-Libya. The EPHS project will be implemented by the IRC in partnership with Libya MoH aims at strengthening health systems in primary health care facilities and polyclinics. Led by the IRC, the NCD project implemented in partnership with Premiere Urgence International (PUI) and Primary Care International (PCI) aiming to reduce NCD-related morbidity and mortality in the Libyan population.
Particular responsibility of the position will be overall leadership in ensuring quality RH services including setting up referral pathways in the IRC’s implementation pilot sites (Gharyan, Souq Jouma or Zliten). This will be achieved through regular mentorship, training and coaching to the MoH doctors and clinic staff. The position will work with other mentors (clinical/pharmacy/Nurse) to ensure adherence to guidelines and protocols, drug management and quality RH services in the pilot site. This position is based in Tripoli with daily travels to the clinics.
Management and Program Oversight
· Develop/review and review mentorship plans and other activity plans on quarterly basis.
· Work with the area coordinator to identify and request for RH drugs and supplies required at the clinics
· Coordinate regularly with area coordinator and other mentors to ensure harmonized approach to RH services
· Ensure project deliverables are met in a timely manner
· Submit quality timely reports as required to area coordinator as may be required.
· Represent IRC in any relevant health coordination meetings at the clinic including liaison with local authorities
Technical Monitoring and Program Quality
· Conduct weekly mentorship and coaching to MoH midwives, nurses, doctors and other staff working at the clinics, documenting progress in skill development
· Ensure availability of RH supplies, drugs and equipment at the MCH clinics at all time
· Ensure national health protocols and guidelines are used in all supported pilot sites
· Ensure an effective referral system to secondary structures is in place and feedback on referral is tracked in a database.
· Ensure the rational use of pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and supplies. Supervision of the medical orders and oversight on monthly inventory and consumption reports.
· Work with the CHWs and clinic staff to scale up awareness on key health issues, including Family Planning, Antenatal Care and delivery services, SGBV, breastfeeding
· Work with other team members to timely implement all activities identified at the clinics
· Maintain proper documentation and filing in collaboration with the clinic staff, mentors
· Liaise with HMIS and M&E colleagues to ensure proper collection and analysis of RH data.
· Identify clinic trends and develop mitigation measures to address programmatic gaps and improve overall quality of care.
· Participate in surveys and health assessment to identify RH issues and integrate RH services in the routine care at the clinic
Staff Management, Development and capacity building
· Conduct capacity assessment of clinic staff to identify areas of growth
· Conduct regular mentorship, coaching and training to clinic staff
· Support CHWs and strengthen their capacity to provide health promotion and education in relation to MCH.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Area Coordinator
Position directly supervises: CHWs
Indirect Reporting: Snr Medical Team Leader, Health Awareness National Manager, EPHS Specialist
Other internal: Health Managers, Mentors, Field Coordinators, Protection Managers
Other external: Clinic staff, MoH, Consortium partners (PCI, PUI), MoH, WHO, other NGOs and UN agencies
Bachelors degree in medical field (Nursing, Medicine, Public Health) or gynecologist, plus a Masters in any related field is required.
Training on MCH, ANC, STI/HIV management, safe delivery
2-3 years of experience in the field of MCH with in-depth technical knowledge
Experience in training and mentoring on MCH
Fluency in written and spoken English required
Good problem solving skills and team management
Good negotiation skills and networking
Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:https://rescue.csod.com/ATS/CAREERSITE/JOBDETAILS.ASPX?SITE=1&C=RESCUE&ID=5197
THE END DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS THE 5th of October, 2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان