Within limits of delegated authority, the incumbent may be responsible for the following duties:
1. Makes deliveries of parcels, documents, etc., between the office and institutions, e.g. Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
2. Makes minor purchases and collect urgent purchases from local suppliers as requested. Collect goods from the customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities. May make or collect payment for goods.
3. Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and for the transport of general cargo goods.
4. Collects and delivers mail, documents, and other items.
5. Meets official personnel at the airport.
6. Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
7. Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and arrangements for other repairs and ensures that vehicle is kept clean.
8. Performs VIP and Standby Driver duties.
9. Assists the workshop in the preparation of trucks for field trips, such as changing wheels, cleaning air filters, and general check-over.
10. Logs fuel consumption, maintenance etc.
11. Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of an accident.
12. Acts as a team lead; assigns tasks/ shifts to junior drivers.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A valid driver’s license is required. Safe Driving training is desirable.
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the provision of driver services is required. Experience as a driver with safe driving record is required. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, light passenger vehicles, sedans, heavy and light 4×4 sports utility vehicles (SUV’s), ambulances and pick-up trucks, cargo and passenger van is required. Relevant experience working in a United Nations common system Organization (inclusive of peacekeeping operations, special political missions, agencies, funds and programmes) or other similar international organization in a post conflict environment is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised fluency in oral and written Arabic is required. Knowledge of English is desirable.
How To Apply
STEP 1: INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION USING THE UNITED NATIONS PERSONAL HISTORY FORM P.11
(P.11 obtainable at the following web site: (https://unsmil.unmissions.org/sites/default/files/p11-form.doc)
ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED IN A FORMAT DIFFERENT TO THE UNITED NATIONS PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P.11) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
STEP 2: Qualified candidates must submit their application using the P.11 template listed in STEP 1 by email to email@example.com. The application MUST include only the Job Opening No. in the subject line of their e-mail (e.g. UNSMIL-GS3-IC011/2019)
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان