he ICRC Delegation in Libya has a vacancy for:
Security Guard in Benghazi Sub-Delegation
حارس أمن - بنغازي
The position will be based in Benghazi Sub Delegation
· Remains awake, alert and on duty post during the shift
· Controls entrance and checks identity of visitors
· Checks with the receptionist if a person is allowed to enter the compound
· Forbids any person carrying any weapon to enter the ICRC premises
· Patrols in the compound according to the instructions
· Ensures that all gates are locked and not blocked. Opens and closes the gates
· Checks the installations of the compound and their proper functioning, e.g. security lights, barriers, sand bags etc. Reports the defects
· Checks the cars parked in the compound or in front of it (lights off, windows closed, etc.) and informs the drivers if necessary according to the findings
· Ensures that the building/compound is free from potential security hazards (fire, thefts, floods) by regularly checking doors and windows and patrolling
· Knows emplacement of fire extinguishers, shovels and any other mean to fight fire. Uses fire extinguishers if necessary.
2. Generator & Water Supply
· Operates generator and water pump and respects rules for their usage
· Reports damage and shortage of fuel and water
· Reports any incident to supervisor and records any event in the log book
· Responsible for keeping the log book in good conditions
· Registers ingoing and outgoing persons in the log book
· Informs in the reception of the arrival of guests and accompanies entering and exiting guests and visitors
General Duties and Code of Conduct
· Is aware of the delegation objectives and activities
· Handles general and individual information accurately and with confidentiality;
· Understands the three components of Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
· Applies the security rules at all times.
· Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC in Libya.
· May be requested to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Selection Requirements and Experience:
· Primary school level.
· Basic knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English
· Very good communication skills
· Experience in security, safety management, premises protection or any related field is an asset
· Ability to work in a team
· Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
· Good physical condition
· Service oriented and flexible
· Skilled in the following competencies: Team Work, Planning, Organization & Assessment; Security Management
· Interest for humanitarian activities (especially ICRC's).
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application with 3 references to email@example.com before 23 Jun 2018, with the title in the email subject "Security Guard - BEH". CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان