The ICRC Delegation in Libya has a vacancy for: Logistics Assistant - Sabha Office
The position will be based in Sabha Office
Our successful candidate will be Acts as a focal point in ICRC Sabha office for all logistics related activities, ranging from timely provision and supply of goods (Supply Chain Management) to warehousing activities and reporting required information also related to Fleet Management to HoO and Logistics Country Manager.
Supply chain and Procurement Management
• Operational support procurement of goods and services for the office based on ICRC standards
• Ensures that the Requisition Order (RO) and Purchase Order (PO) management procedures are followed in accordance with the ICRC guidelines and provides the necessary information to the main sub-delegation in Tripoli
• Applies financial and logistics rules on procurement procedures
• Provided offers to Country Logistics Manager for the issue of selection tables when necessary
• Sending the paperwork for filing and archiving to the sub-delegation in Tripoli
Warehousing and Statistics
• Operationally manages warehousing and stocks in accordance with ICRC guidelines
• Reports information about stock movements immediately to HoO, Log/LSU and sub delegation in Tripoli
• Provides the sub-delegation in Tripoli with the necessary information for statistics
• Regularly conducts physical inventories fulfilling the ICRC standards and reports results to Log/LSU and Log/TRI
• Administratively manages daily workers
Fleet / Transports
• Operationally manages the fleet assets at office level
• Regularly shares information / provides reports about fuel consumption, maintenance and use of assets to Fleet in Tripoli
• Helps to ensure that transports are monitored and necessary agreements and transport contracts are in place.
Log Team supervision
• Makes the appraisals for the staff supervised by him/her (Drivers, mechanic etc)
• Participates in conflict management.
• Translates invoices and documents related to his work from Arabic to English or vice versa
Support the Delegation
• Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
• Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities
• Participates actively in meetings.
• Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to other departments when necessary
Selection Requirements and Experience:
• High Diploma with 3 years as minimum experience in the field
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
• Respects diversity and enjoys working in a multi-national, multi-ethnic environment
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Official working hours are Sundays to Thursdays 0830 -1730 (one hour lunch break)
Starting date: ASAP.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th Jun 2018, with the title in the email subject "Logistics Assistant in Sabha".
CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان