Number of position: 1
Position Reports to: Project Manager
Date needed ASAP
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Programme Officer will have the primary responsibility of providing administrative and program support to the Programme
Director and the Project Managers, which includes assisting in the following activities: reporting, planning, organization and
implementation of field activities.
The tasks include are not limited to
Administrative Duties• Follow-up of the procurement requisition forms;
• Work with the field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets and according to agreed-upon work plans/timelines to ensure proper implementation;
• Coordinate planning and following up of logistical and administrative arrangements. Ensure an efficient resource utilization
and close cooperation between project team, as well as all involved stakeholders;Program Support• Work closely with the project managers, senior management team and field teams to determine the operational needs of the country program;
• Assist project managers in organizing and implementing field activities and follow up on performances;
• Assist project managers to maintain close, constant communication and positive working relations at all times with the local implementing partners, donor representatives, international stakeholders and local authorities;
• Regularly research, follow-up, compile, analyze and share information/data on national, regional and international developments, reports, publishing, legislation and other relevant documentation on relevant issues to work of International Medical Corps;
• Assist in compiling and/or writing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, ensuring statistics and information are correct;
• Assist M&E officers in following up on donor indicators and ensure that the targets are attainable;
Revised March 2009
• Assist project managers to contribute to the production of follow-on proposals or other program documentation for new projects.
• Attend the visits, and coordination meetings with donors and stakeholders and prepare field visit reports and minutes after each meeting;
• Assist in planning and communicating program activities effectively and precisely with all stakeholders to safeguards the
reputation and long-term strategy of the organization at all times. Human Resources Management
• Ensure compliance with all local labor laws including working hours;
• Maintain open lines of communications with all field and country office staff;
• Apply IMC policies in a fair and consistent manner, documenting decisions properly and ensuring a positive sense of teamwork
and shared responsibility among all program staff. Working Relationships
• Maintain frequent and pro-active communication with Country Director, project managers, HQ programme staff, donor
representative(s), to report on implementation of program activities and objectives, operational needs or constraints, program successes, and any seen or unforeseen challenges that are encountered during program implementation;
• Maintain constant and pro-active communication with all program staff and with other departments in order to assure coordination and cooperation at all levels. Safety and Security
• Model good practice in safety and security at all times, complying with all IMC internal security policies regarding movement restrictions, obtaining necessary authorization before beginning any domestic or international travel, and following personal
security best practices;
• Assist in the supervision of the application and compliance of security protocols and policies by programme staff, document
any security incidents experienced during program implementationQUALIFICATIONS:University degree in Political Science, Social Sciences, International Relations or a related field;
• Experience in working with NGOs, INGOs and other relevant organizations is an advantage;
• Prior experience in functions relating to project implementation and program activities is an advantage.
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
• Experience in drafting and compiling papers, briefings, articles;
• Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written,
• Excellent self-motivation skills,
• The ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people,
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently,
• Good ability to handle multiple tasks and many administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• The post is only open to citizens of Libya.
How To Apply
Email your CV and Cover letter to Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان