Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Act as the focal point for the design and development of new projects/programmes in line with donor priorities and mission’s strategy, in close coordination with the relevant programmatic units, government authorities, international and regional institutions, and partner organizations in public/private sectors.
2. Contribute to developing and maintaining strong and regular liaison with the programme’s partners, such as government authorities, diplomatic missions, and any other concerned agencies and working groups.
3. Support the planning and organizing of all aspects of new projects/programmes. Monitor and backstop ongoing activities in compliance with IOM regional guidelines and the requirements of individual governments.
4. Draft donor profiles and guidance notes on donor priorities. Assist in developing approaches to expand the IOM donor base, including research and mapping of funding trends.
5. Prepare and ensure timely and quality preparation and submissions of all project reports according to IOM and donor formats as required.
6. Compile and prepare regular summaries and reports. Ensure that they are in line with donor requirements and are shared with relevant units.
7. Assist in publishing press releases, Public Information (PI) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reports as required.
8. Assist the COM in carrying out initiatives to promote IOM’s image and to increase the level of IOM activities in the country/region.
9. Represent IOM and participate in seminars and other meetings as requested by the COM.
10. Work closely with relevant Project Managers on the development of proposals and liaise with IOM units at HQs, RO and other Missions involved in the project. Obtain approvals for submission of project documents.
11. Undertake duty travel relating to project assessments as required.
12. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in project development and project management, humanitarian and migration-related activities, complex project implementation, budget drafting, research, report writing, liaison with governments and international agencies;
• Experience with project planning, scheduling and deployment of resources, and evaluation and assessment;
• Experience in liaising with government authorities, national/international institutions and donors.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
The position is based in Tunis with possible relocation to Libya.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others; • Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; • Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter; • Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation; • Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 19 June 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 06.06.2018 to 19.06.2018
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان