Your duties and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of DRI Libya’s Project Manager, the Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for effectively coordinating with relevant project stakeholders in Libya and organising project events in Libya (and Tunisia, if necessary). More specifically, the Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Co-design and facilitate project activities, such as workshops, trainings, multi-stakeholder meetings, consultation sessions, briefings, and publications;
• Lead on the implementation of project activities in Libya, such as workshops, trainings, multi-stakeholder meetings, consultations sessions, briefings;
• Identify capacity building needs of stakeholders through bilateral meetings and other events;
• Prepare, organize and report on project events held in Libya;
• Lead on the communication with and outreach to relevant project stakeholders in Libya;
• Draft Terms of Reference for project experts and consultants;
• Lead on the coordination with project experts and consultants who conduct in-country trainings/sessions;
• Lead on the coordination with local CILG colleagues and the organization of activities in Libya in particular;
• Monitor the political and security situation, as well as civil society activities in Libya and regularly update the DRI Libya Project Manager about project relevant developments;
• Act as the focal point for local partners in Libya and expand DRI’s network of partners in-country;
• Perform any other related duties, as agreed with the Project Director and DRI HQ.
Your Education & Experience:
You are a Libyan professional who is fluent in Arabic and English and have a proven track record of working with Libyan local government officials and civil society.
• Proven fluency in spoken and written English – acquired either through university studies, professional work or a course and attested language certificate (such as TOEFL, IELTS etc.)
• At least five years of relevant/progressive professional experience working on (local) governance, civil society or related fields, including in rural areas, preferably with an international NGO;
• Strong coordination skills with the ability to effectively coordinate among partner organisations;
• Strong presentation skills (written and oral);
• Willingness and capacity to work with a high level of autonomy
• A strong administrative track record;
• Willingness to travel regularly in the country (at least 25% of the time);
• In-depth knowledge of governance in Libya in general, and challenges of local governance in Libya in specific, is a strong asset;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team are expected.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV and three references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Community Outreach Coordinator – ISAL Project (Libya)” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 4 August 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان