Place of work: Tripoli
Type of Contract: Project Contract
Salary: To be defined
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
CIR is a NGO established in 1990 to defend migrants and vulnerable people. Since its foundation, the organization has carried out its mission acting with a multi-level approach, in particular: providing direct services to PoCs, such as legal and psycho-social support; building and maintaining media coverage; collaborating with universities, schools, public and private institutions; promoting human rights in terms of national and international lobbying.
Since 2008, the experience gained in Italy has brought CIR to extend its action beyond national borders implementing projects in Libya, Algeria, and Tunisia, carrying out activities aimed at improving conditions for vulnerable people, providing assistance and performing capacity building actions to the competent institutions.
CIR is currently looking for a highly qualified and experienced Protection Officer to assist People of Concerns in the frame of the CIR’s funded project.
He will also have excellent communication and report writing skills and be able to work collaboratively with all agencies involved, such as NGOs, international actors, local institutions and social service providers.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Conduct individual profiling/counseling activities for People of Concerns.
• Identify conditions of PoCs, provide guidance and support advocacy.
• Ability to manage urgent cases.
• Develop a standard referral pathway for PoCs and vulnerable people.
• Engage with external partners and stakeholders, including governments, non-governmental organizations, international organizations, CSOs, etc, on issues related to legal protection principles and related international law.
• Prepare case reports and statistics to be submitted to relevant CIR member staff.
• Realize awareness activities for PoCs in collaboration with CSOs and non-governmental Organizations.
• Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential minimum qualifications and experience required
• Degree in Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences and experience in one of the following areas: socio-legal assistance, guidance and orientation to vulnerable people, access to local services.
• At least 2 years of experience in legal assistance
• Post-qualification training is desirable.
• knowledge of the local specialized services.
• Knowledge of existing national/international guidelines/protocols regarding reception and assistance to PoCs.
• Knowledge of English (oral and written) is an asset
• Experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines in protection for vulnerable cases
Behaviors (Values in Practice)
Sharing the values of the organization is fundamental as well as a strong spirit of collaboration in order to achieve the goals set and face the challenges coming from working in post conflict/conflict areas.
Any data or information received in the exercise of his/her duties and not generally known to the public, whether in tangible or intangible form, in whatever medium provided, is considered private therefore shall not be disclosed, foremost to guarantee the safety and security of the personnel involved in delicate mission.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter (1 page maximum), to:
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to continue the selection process
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان