The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: the Community Outreach officer will be responsible for coordinate and implement the community mobilization activities in target locations. He/she will work on strategize the community mobilization through community outreach workers (volunteers) and identifying community leaders and key stakeholders to ensure greater community support and buy-in He/she will closely supervise the community outreach workers in engaging the community, conduct awareness sessions and providing information on services available. The outreach officer and outreach workers will work in coordination with the community health workers, when feasible.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Major RESPONSIBILITIES: The WPE Community Outreach Officer shall:
· Develop weekly work plans related to bilateral meetings with key community members and key stakeholders in coordination with community health workers (when possible)
· Develop weekly work plans on awareness sessions with community members in coordination with the community health workers.
· Conduct weekly meeting with outreach workers to review achievements and set weekly plan
· Work closely with the WPE officer to develop monthly plan for outreach activities.
· Submit reports for outreach activities on weekly basis and recommend the required sessions for the community.
Work with outreach workers team to Sensitize community members to Gender Based Violence (GBV) related issues.
Train staff along with WPE officer on conduct regular safety audits and community consultations to identify risks faced by women and girls
Analyze and share results of safety audits and community discussions with WPE Officer and other team members
Assist in finding solutions to challenges identified.
· Lead awareness-raising sessions targeting women and girls at Community level with the support of WPE officer
· With support from WPE officer, develop IEC materials to raise awareness within the community.
· Support dissemination of information on existing protection services including working with other service providers to ensure the community is aware of the available services.
· Contribute to update service mapping on monthly basis together with the WPE and PSS case workers. And be aware of the various external referral pathways.
· Work closely with the WPE case workers to ensure referral of cases from the different target communities to case workers for case management on timely manner respecting confidentiality and respect. (based on internal referral pathways)
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Referrals and community responses:
· Actively contribute to sharing and exchanging information on all protection concerns or rights violations including individual cases.
· Support the IRC WPE Officer where community response can assist with individual cases.
· When requested, attend protection meetings on a bi-weekly or ad hoc basis.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: The WPE Community Outreach officer reports directly to the Protection Manager.
· BA in social work or any related field;
· At least 1 year of experience in social work and ideally on gender based violence issues;
· Experience working with women
· Experience in conducting sessions.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities;
· Experience in writing reports.
· Excellent in English language.
· Has leadership skills and able to build team spirit within the team.
· Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written;
· Able to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5748
The end date for applications is the 25th of July, 2019.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان