Number of position: 1
Position Reports to: OFDA Project Manager
Date needed : 21/07/2019
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
WGSS Site Officer will oversee the day-to-day operation in WGSS, manages WGSS Cleaner, Life Skills Teachers, and childminder,
and work in a close coordination with GBV and PSS Officers. WGSS Site officer will report to the Project Manager.
Under the supervision of Project Manager, WGSS Site Officer will:
– Participate to the need identification and coordinate with WGSS teams to develop continuous monitoring of the needs.
Write relevant reports about the findings.
– Coordinate activity schedules and work plans in cooperation with GBV and PSS Teams and under direction of Project
– Build a positive and effective team dynamic and communication. Mediate tensions and dispute in a fair and responsible
– Ensure the creation of positive atmosphere for women and girls as well as the children (KG) through encouraging them to
express their needs and be fully engaged in the activities and ensuring their feeling of safety
– Ensuring the adoption of minimum standard required (ex. Women and Girls Safe Space checklist) in the centers where the
activities are implemented.
– Follow-up of day to day activities of WGSS. Reporting any issues related to activities implementation (facility management,
authorities support activities, etc.). Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities.
– Ensure all project services component are implemented and interact with each other in a positive and effective way.
– Prepare allocation schedules for staff movements according to project needs and priorities and available project resources,
update and adjust schedule as needed and coordinate with logistic department.
– Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly.
– Participate to projects and strategy planning meetings and providing inputs.
– Communicate with Project Manager and program team for needs of support and training.
– Coordinating among program staff, logistic and finance teams to ensure adequate logistics arrangements for all shipments
and daily activities;
– Maintaining a regular follow-up of funding and procurement needs. Ensure that procurement process and validations are
respected (all financial and supporting documents are provided to administrative and logistic officers when needed);
– Maintaining a regular follow-up of HR processes (attendance, briefing, communication with other units and activities) in
collaboration with admin team;
Ensure that procurement process and validations are understood and respected by all, in collaboration with logistic
department. Be the focal point as requester of logistic procurement demands related to activities and maintenance of
– Ensure that all consumables, stationary and equipment are sufficient and relevant to the project services and activities;
– Follow the assets of the center and keep an updated record about the situation of each in direct communication with the
logistic department and give a clear information in any case of changes.
– In coordination with the Project Manager, GBV Officer, PSS officer, medical focal point and support services, anticipate the
organization of punctual activities as needed.
– Maintain update archives for each of the activities and Admin/HR requirements in a safe place on a hard copy and soft copy,
and make sure that the access of those files is done by authorized people only “e.g. Beneficiaries files”.Reporting– Assist Project Manager, GBV Officer, and PSS Officer on monthly project activities, consolidate weekly data monitoring
reports and manage the team schedule to respect reporting deadlines;
– Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities;
– Any other report requested by Project Manager;
– Representation / Coordination with other Actors
– Representing IMC and the activities implemented in WGSS to the relevant local authorities and other stakeholders (NGOs
or other relevant agencies)
– Participate to meetings in related field to represent IMC and the activities of the center and gather information and updates
about any new regulations or updates in related matters for the activities.
– Facilitate visits from authorities and donors (schedule, preparation, reporting), and ensure recommendations are taken into
account following theses visits;
– Following the referral system “Service Mapping” with other actors in the field and act as a focal point of IMC and maintain
updated records of all the activities with others, also collecting information and propose new possible actor with their
services to the administration.Staff Management– Manage and oversee the day to day activities of Site Assistant, KG Teacher, Cleaner, and skill trainers, and create their work
– Hold regular weekly team meetings to monitor the progress in work plan
– Conduct performance appraisals for the supervised staff in timely manner
Perform any additional duties requested by the line manager.QUALIFICATIONS· An advance university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in any relevant field (social sciences, gender studies,
management, administration). A first-level university degree in psychology in combination with one additional year of
qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
· At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, including a minimum of 1 year implementing protection activities in
emergency/conflict or post-conflict contexts preferably
· Former work experience with an international NGO or a UN Agency
· High standard of spoken and written Arabic and English is essentialDesired skills:· Demonstrated understanding of working with children and adults,
· Familiarity with GBV programming, Women’s Empowerment and protection programming;
· Commitment to promote women and girls’ rights and stop GBV
· Demonstrated sensitivity to protection, GBV issues, including application of the principle of confidentiality;
· Strict adherence to humanitarian and Protection and GBV Guiding principles and standards, as well as organizational
policies including Code of Conduct
· Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word
· Experience in regular report writing.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural and sensitive issues
and ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities
· Strong problem-solving and innovation to address gaps and challenges;
· Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to produce timely and high quality of work;
· Demonstrated high level of flexibility, responsiveness, and reliability;
· Ability to work under pressure and strong time management skills to meet both short-term and long-term objectives;
OTHER COMMENTS: Female candidates will be prioritized
How To Apply
Email your CV and Cover letter to Libya-Recruitment@InternationalMedicalCorps.org indicating in the subject the position. Very Important, write the position title in the email subject before submitting
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان