JOB VACANCY Announcement-
NURSE based in Misrata – LIBYA
Medicines Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a non-profit international organization providing assistance to populations in distress, victims of natural or man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict. MSF does so irrespective of gender, race, religion, creed or political convictions. For more information, visit our Arabic website, https://www.msf-me.org/ar.
MSF has been in Libya since 2011 and is carrying out activities for migrants in Misrata.
Workplace: Misrata, Libya and surrounding communities.
It is a full time position limited for 2 months as a start.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
· Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, safety rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical confidentiality at all times.
· Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
· Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
· Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
· Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
· Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
· Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
· Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Assisting doctor(s) and medical team with patient care in the corresponding work locations (OPD, Migrant Centres, Disembarkation site according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures.
• Attend all clinical nursing skills including the administration of preventative or therapeutic treatments as per the MSF nursing guidelines.
• Participating in the surveillance and monitoring of the patient and reporting any deterioration or problems with the patient immediately to the doctor. Assist the doctor with emergency management of the patient as required.
• Assisting the medical team, with patient protection and advocacy related activities as required.
• Assisting with the distribution of NFI such as hygiene kits and therapeutic food as required.
• Notify and report any problem arising in the care unit, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment or medicines.
• Report immediately to the medical doctor on site in case of accidental exposure to blood.
• Participating actively in the project activities as meetings, trainings, reporting or in any other related activities as requested by the line manager.
• Participate in identifying health care gaps and medical needs in the area(s) of intervention.
• Contribute in identifying availability of resources in the local structures, overlapping with other actors.
Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
Desirable 1 year of previous experience
Experience in supervising and training others in a team is an asset.
Essential: Arabic and Basic English.
Legal capacity to work in Libya.
• Flexibility (capacity to adjust to changes in the job profile and location due to instability of context, willing to go beyond his/her job profile if needed.
• Teamwork (ability to work with other people, whether they are medical or non-medical)
• Initiative and motivation, problem solving capacity
• Quality-driven (able to go beyond his/her ‘formal’ responsibilities seeking quality outputs and improvement of working processes)
• Ability to cope with stress.
Visit https://www.libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Each person interested in this position must send his/her CV, cover letter, diplomas and work certificates by e-mail titled ”Nurse” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Position will be open until Monday 20th July 2019.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان