POSITION: Human Resources Officer-Libya
The humanitarian situation in Libya has deteriorated since the 2014 civil war. According to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Plan for 2017, 1.3 million people require urgent health assistance, including an estimated 700,000 IDPs and 1 million refugees and migrants. In response, the IRC launched an emergency program in September 2016 in Libya that provided medical care, medicines, and medical supplies in hospitals and primary health care centers (PHCCs). At present, the IRC is conducting these activities in Misrata, and planning to expand its operations into Sirte and Tripoli. The IRC envisages a humanitarian program in Libya targeting refugees, migrants and other war affected populations, with interventions designed to save lives and relieve humanitarian suffering, with a focus on health care and protection services.
Job Overview/Summary: The Human Resources Officer (HR Officer) is responsible for managing the human resources function for IRC Operations in Tripoli. The HR Officer will report directly to the Senior Human Resources Manager (Tunisia) for Libya country program.
• Apply and comply to IRC HR Global HR Policies and procedures (GHROPP)
• Participate and support in the recruitment cycle (post vacancies, coordinate and conduct interviews, Maintain a recruitment tracking sheet for all open national positions in Libya, etc)
• Manage and Conduct the monthly cycle orientation for all new staff.
• Participate in preparing national staff contracts; promote employee adherence to personnel policies, and ensure compliance with all labor laws.
• Supervise registration of employee to social security funds and tax offices and related payments. Applies working conditions based on management guidelines and local legislation, staff regulations and other applicable policies.
• Follow up on change of status for staff, termination of exiting staff.
• Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record for all national staff.
• Ensure compliance with IRC’s time and effort reporting requirements and compile monthly payroll submissions; work with the Finance department to ensure the smooth monthly administration of payroll.
• Participate in review of policies and procedures, make recommendations.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information at all times.
• Provide support in keeping job description and manuals up-to-date.
• Keeps Organizational charts up to date.
• Make sure all staff has the appropriate contract and personal files are kept up-to-date at all time.
• Guarantees that personal files of all staff are administrated with appropriate quality.
• Prepares certificates and other HR documents when needed.
• Prepares all correspondences with partners (authorities, tax offices, ministry of labor, etc…)
• Work with supervisor to ensure timely completion of orientation and performance management processes.
• Provide the tools and necessary guidance for the Performance management evaluation process and career development in coordination with supervisor.
• Ensure exit interviews are carried out with all staff leaving and undertake analysis of these with HR Beirut.
• Train and Orient Staff on IRC Way standards for professional conduct.
• Reports to Senior HR Manager all relevant information on HR situations.
• Ensure update of the HR database and periodical reporting to the Senior HR Manager
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Position Reports to: Senior HR Manager-Tunisia
o Internal: All staff based in Libya
o External: HR representative amongst the other NGOs in Libya.
• University Degree in management, human resources, administration or related fields
• Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in Administration/Office Management
• Previous experience with Human Resources and/or Recruitment
• INGO experience preferred
• Fluency in Arabic and English
• Strong sense of personal integrity
• Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
• Team work skills
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان