Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries to restore safety, dignity and hope, IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has headquarters offices in New York and London.
The IRC is in the process of setting up a new humanitarian program in Libya. The IRC is currently planning for this new operation from Tunisia, with the intention to setup the office in Libya in the coming weeks and begin providing humanitarian relief to those in need shortly thereafter.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Finance Controller (FC), the Finance Officer (FO) will support the setup of the IRC’s operations in Libya. He/she will be responsible for performs the day-to-day finance operations. Works with the Finance Controller in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting operations to ensure that all finance operations in Tripoli are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures.
• Allocate all staff cost according to their time sheets, as well as, all shared program cost to the grants according to the monthly cost allocation percentages.
• Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
• Prepare & review requests from the cash assistance program & reconcile them with the bank
• Cash custodian of the cash in office balances.
Data Entry / Accounting Records
• Review expenditure spreadsheet and submit to the Finance Controller
• Maintain subsidiary ledgers for advances, receivables and payables
• Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
• Execute a weekly back-up of all financial ledgers on every last business day of the week
• Do postings in Sun system and prepare the draft of monthly finance report for HQ.
Payroll and Taxes
• Review the national staff payroll that is prepared by HR, for calculation accuracy and completeness.
• Record the national payroll; ensure standard financial controls are maintained and that all payments are accurate and legitimate
• Ensure proper tax grades are used and all payments to Income and Sales Tax Department are accurate and legitimate
• Prepare required tax reports to Tax authorities.
• Process cash withdrawals from the bank and ensure timely bank payments
• Liaise with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services
• Obtain monthly bank statements in the first week of the following month for all bank accounts
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation schedules.
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
• Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, exchanges, receipts and transfers
• Inform Finance Controller of all discrepancies
• Ensure that cash payments are reduced as much as possible
• Assist the Finance Controller in responding to internal and/or external audit requests
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues
• Check sub-grantee reports and arrange payments to them with FC check and CD approval
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation reports
• Assist the Finance Controller in donor reports preparation
• Review all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy
• Liaison with Supply Chain, Administration and Program.
• In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
• Participate in tenders and review tender documents
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Controller
Position directly supervises: Finance Assistant (FA)
Indirect Reporting: Deputy Field Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: SC Department, as well other Finance, Program and support unit staff
External: Regional Finance Controller, IRC’s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Libya office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institution
• Minimum of Two years of finance or accounting experience
• Computer literate with significant experience in MS. Office, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience with International NGOs and/or USAID projects is highly desirable
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent skill with MS specially Excel. is highly desirable
• Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions
• Fluency in Arabic and good in English, both written and spoken, required.
Certificates or Licenses:
Working Environment: Standard office work environment. Candidates will be expected to provide their own transportation to and from the job site each day.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان