Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Position Title : Operations Assistant-Team Leader (Registration and Identification) (2 vacancies
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G5
Type of Appointment : 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 8, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Officer (Movement) and the direct supervision of the Returns Operations Officer (Migrant Assistance), the Operations Assistant – Team Leader (Registration and Identification) is responsible for undertaking Migrant Assistance activities in the field with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide specialized assistance in planning outreach visit to detention centers as well as main urban locations to identify migrants interested in IOM Voluntary Humanitarian Return (VHR) assistance;
2. Arrange meetings with embassies of third country nationals, community leaders and migrants to disseminate information on IOM VHR programs and procedures;
3. Assist in coordinating and monitoring the work of the outreach team that reach migrants and link them with relevant embassies;
4. Coordinate with Interview and commercial/ charter teams to expedite the VHR process for the migrants;
5. Keep track and properly ensure that the information collected in the interviews is correctly and accurately entered into IOM check list and shared with relevant teams;
6. Verify migrant documents as necessary and confirm the validity of travel documents, apply accurately reference number and barcode prior to Pro-Flights in flight bookings;
7. Communicate with relevant VHR teams and other counterparts’ units (protection, direct assistant) about charter plan, vulnerabilities and status of travel document;
8. Ensure that daily and work plans activities are planned together with movement table report, weekly report as well as all files related to operational activities are kept up to date;
9. Register all migrants interested in VHR in Mimosa and prepare them for the next phase
10. In close coordination with Returns Operations Officer, participate in discussions on procedures and practices to improve the efficiency of the VHR process and delivery
11. In coordination with the Field support team leader, continuously advocate for scale up of the VHR assistance to migrants out of Libya;
12. Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff.
13. Alert the Returns Operations Officer or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Public & Business administration or other related field with three years of relevant professional experience; or
• High School degree with five years of relevant professional experience.
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage;
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet and past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 8 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 25.06.2019 to 08.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان