Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Reintegration Assistant (1 vacancy)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G4
Type of Appointment : 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 8, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer – movement and the direct supervision of the Reintegration & Outreach Officer, the incumbent will support the implementation of the reintegration operations in compliance with IOM established procedures to ensure the orderly and timely collection of migrants’ information before departure to facilitate the reintegration procedure afterwards.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the coordination and monitoring of provision of reintegration support/post-arrival assistance to returnees in general from Libya, including counselling, psychosocial assistance, training and capacity building, job placement, socioeconomic reintegration and relevant referrals, in accordance with IOM policies and project specifications.
2. Support the implementation of reintegration project work plan; map and disseminate best practices for successful reintegration projects and bets practices
3. Maintain an updated record of VHR reintegration cases and files, ensuring the confidentiality of the data. Record keeping and maintenance of all reintegration vouchers and supporting documents, in accordance with IOM guidelines.
4. Support the development of VHR communication tools for the beneficiaries, including reintegration processes as well as case studies and stories of return.
5. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.);
6. Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners;
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned;
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Public & Business administration or other related field with two years of relevant professional experience or
• High School degree with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage;
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet and past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 8 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 25.06.2019 to 08.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان