Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : OPS Administrative and Finance Assistant (1 vacancy)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G4
Type of Appointment : 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 8, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (Movement), the incumbent will support with the administrative and financial tracking of the Voluntary Humanitarian Return (VHR) programme, in compliance with IOM established procedures to ensure the orderly and timely implementation of the programme, with the following duties and responsibilities;
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1- Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers;
2- Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before
3- Finalizing vouchers. After obtaining appropriate approvals, effect payments to suppliers and staff members;
4- Ensure all payments are paid on a timely manner;
5- Reconcile on a monthly basis all pending vendor accounts;
6- According to the projectization process of IOM, distribute the office costs and verify staff costs; ·
7- Ensure files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued are maintained and appropriate internal controls are in place; ·
8- Maintain a filing system for vouchers and all other financial documentation; · Maintain Attendance records of Movements Operations Unit staff members; · Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.); ·
9- Support in the organization of events workshops, charter flights and other function arrangements as required. ·
10- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders and keep the requesting teams abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions. ·
11- Ensure that goods delivered confirm to the specifications in the purchase order and are in good condition, report deviations and take corrective measures in coordination.
12- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules.
13- Alert the management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners; ·
14- Perform such other duties as may be assigned;
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Public, Business administration, Accounting, Finance or other related field with two years of relevant professional experience or
• High School degree with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage;
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet and past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 8 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 25.06.2019 to 08.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان