Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Operations Assistant (Field Support) (2 vacancies)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G4
Type of Appointment : 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 7, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Officer Movement (Programme Manager-VHR) and the direct supervision of Returns Operations Officer, the Operations Assistant (Field Support) is responsible for undertaking movement operations activities in the field, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Undertake field support activities in an assigned area or areas, such as at an airport, transit center, third-party facility, camp-based operation or sub-office, or in relation to transportation.
2. Perform airport services, such as providing custodial care of travel documentation; verifying identities and documentation, including exit permissions, visas, tickets and other items in the travel bag; assisting with airport formalities, including flight arrivals, curb-side assistance, check-in, luggage formalities, immigration procedures, security screening systems and customs clearance; escorting arriving individuals to ground transportation and departing individuals to their gates; visually confirming flights have departed; ensuring individuals with special needs or equipment receive appropriate support; and, as needed, sending notifications using relevant systems.
3. Assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities, including upon arrival with sign-in, verification of identity, orientation, food and non-food items and room assignments; during their stay with food and non-food items, instructions, briefings, activities and resolution of issues; and upon departure for medical appointments, return travel or onward travel with briefings, luggage support and transition to transportation. Enter and update relevant data in the appropriate systems and ensure vulnerable individuals are assisted in a manner that ensures their safety, security and comfort; report all issues immediately to the appropriate supervisor(s).
4. Provide assistance at transit centers and third-party facilities for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods, ensuring the needs of individuals are met throughout their stay. Communicate promptly with third-party facility representatives and/or supervisors if issues arise.
5. Assist in the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities, including liaising with service providers, ensuring the identity verification, readiness and organization of individuals being transported, and providing relevant briefings. Assist with baggage sorting, tagging and handling and escort individuals on transportation as needed. Ensure individuals with special needs are provided with appropriate services and report any issues to supervisors immediately.
6. Provide selection mission support, exit permit support and/or interpretation services for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water.
7. Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Assistant (Team Leader) and/or supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
8. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Operations Assistant (Team Leader) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Secondary [high school] education with four years of working experience or Bachelor’s degree in Public & Business Administration or other related field with two years of working experience.
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Internet.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 7 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 24.06.2019 to 07.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان