Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Operations Assistant (Movements) (1 vacancy)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G5
Type of Appointment : 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 7, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Officer (Movement) and the direct supervision of Project Support Officer – Movement, the Operations Assistant (Movements) is responsible for undertaking movement’s activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate, schedule and book travel for individuals upon receipt of travel-ready status and/or request in accordance with travel requirements, including but not limited to the distribution of Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs), updates, domestic flights, cancellations and departure notifications.
2. Organize and complete all bookings in a timely manner and in accordance with the Handbook of IOM Tariffs (HIT) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) from the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM). Under the supervision of Project Support Officer – Movement, distribute travel information to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Compile and analyse descriptive statistics, using I-GATOR to capture costs and prepare travel loan paperwork as specified in SOPs and in accordance with host government’s procedures.
4. Create movement data files, by ABN, for all individuals in accordance with SOPs and for IOM accountability.
5. In accordance with local practices and RMM guidelines and standards, and in close coordination with supervisors, identify and assign escorts to accompany vulnerable individuals.
6. In coordination with Project Support Officer – Movement, process exit permission paperwork and ICRC Travel Documents in accordance with established standards and the local guidelines.
7. Conduct identity and document verification prior to the distribution of travel documentation to refugees, immigrants and migrants.
8. Conduct pre-departure counselling on pre-embarkation procedures and special needs during travel (such as meals, medication, wheelchairs and medical conditions) as needed. Identify beneficiary vulnerabilities and coordinate appropriate action to ensure they are addressed.
9. Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to Project Support Officer – Movement and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
10. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.)
11. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Project Support Officer – Movement or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Secondary [high school] education with Five years of working experience; Bachelor’s degree in Public & Business Administration or other related field with three years of working experience.
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage;
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet and past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
• Fluent English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 7 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 24.06.2019 to 07.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان