Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Operations Officer-VHR (1 vacancy)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : NOA
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 6, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (Movement) and technical guidance from the Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist at the Regional Office in Cairo and the Department of Emergency (DoE) in Geneva, the successful candidate will support IOM’s operations movement unit. S/he will provide support in Voluntary Humanitarian Return and all resettlement.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor and follow up on all Movement Operations activities, including resettlement, Voluntary Humanitarian Return, other movements in IOM Libya sub – offices (Sabha, Benghazi, Misrata, Zwara, Zawia and Bani Walid), and return emergency response movements, and verify that activities are implemented in line with the Resettlement and Movement Management Division (RMM) and other Headquarters’ (HQs) departments’ guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
2. Ensure that timely, efficient and safe logistical land transportation arrangements including all escorts are in place for selection mission interviews, medical health assessments, cultural orientation classes and international departures of refugees and other migrants, and review and verify Purchase Requests (PRs).
3. Ensure that transporters, embassies, IOM receiving countries, airline companies, operational contractors, General Security Departments, airport and other responsible authorities are informed of all movements under IOM auspices including transit caseloads.
4. In conjunction with the Programme Manager, supervise operational support staff and provide training and support/guide in the usage of the in-house system application tools – MIMOSA and iGATOR as well as usage of the AMADEUS booking reservation system.
5. Follow up on the implementation and monitoring of best practices within the operational unit.
6. Contribute to the development, scale–up and maintenance of Voluntary Humanitarian Return projects, programme outreach plan and strategies as well as related practical tools targeting potential beneficiaries, donors, partners, and relevant stakeholders.
7. Provide information to migrants, partners, government, and communities on VHR activities, and encourage transparency of programme activities.
8. Analyze travel projections in order to foresee movement trends and plans; compile accurate movement statistics and reports.
9. Collaborate with the embassies and community leaders of third country nationals in Libya for outreach, and capacity building activities related to VHR, in line with IOM’s policies, procedures and donor requirements;
10. Supervise the issuance of travel documents inside and out of Libya.
11. Periodically organize outreach missions to migrant detention centers to assess need for VHR and draft revisions to movement strategies in coordination with support staff and the programme manager.
12. Support the IOM Libya online consular service including the provision of technical support to embassies and community leaders, when needed.
13. In conjunction with the programme manager, monitor and track VHR activities in field offices in Benghazi, Zwaya, Misratah and Sebha;
14. Supervise and coordinate screening and assistance of VHR beneficiaries in close coordination with colleagues in the Operations and the protection units.
15. Support coordination with government entities, embassies, implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders in the VHR projects’ target countries.
16. Facilitate synergy and referrals between VHR projects and other IOM direct assistance projects in order to promote comprehensive assistance to vulnerable migrants.
17. Participate in events, meetings and training with civil society organizations, NGOs, embassies and all other relevant stakeholders with the aim to coordinate VHR activities and disseminate results.
18. Maintain an updated record of VHR requests, status, travel documents, and ensure the confidentiality of the data.
19. Provide inputs to project reporting and support information exchange on all operational aspects of the VHR project components between IOM, donors, and other stakeholders.
20. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
• University degree in the above fields with 2 years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migrants’ assistance with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization in the Middle East and/or North Africa;
• Experience in project administration;
• Experience in writing and editing informational materials and reports;
• Knowledge of social and development issues as well as general migration related issues;
• Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Working knowledge of French and Arabic is an advantageous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 6 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.06.2019 to 06.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان