Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Operations Assistant-Team Leader(Field Support)
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : G5
Type of Appointment : 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 6, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Officer – Movement (programme Manager- VHR) and the direct supervision of the Returns Operations Officer, the Operations Assistant – Team Leader (Field Operations Support) is responsible for undertaking movement operations activities in the field. The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the MPA/VHR operations in compliance with IOM established procedures to facilitate orderly and timely movements of returnees to their countries of return with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Arrange and prepare interview forms. Verify migrant’s document/identity as necessary and confirm the validity of travel documents prior interview appointment;
2. Conduct migrant’s interviews using IOM standard forms, procedures and code of conduct;
3. Identify and refer vulnerable cases to the protection/ health units for further assistance;
4. Coordinate the assistance provided to each migrant and prepare case management reports on each beneficiary on a regular basis.
5. Keep track and properly ensure that the information collected in the interviews is correctly and accurately entered into IOM database on assistance and proper filing while ensuring the confidentiality of all beneficiaries;
6. In close coordination with the Returns Operations Officer, participate in discussions on procedures and practices to improve the efficiency of process delivery.
7. Liaise with the Libyan Directorate for Combatting Illegal Migration (DCIM) and other authorities and humanitarian partners on issues concerning migrants’ interviews, medical needs…etc
8. Share weekly work plan for the team and coordinate relevant internal meetings on a weekly basis with the interview team.
9. Alert the Returns Operations Officer or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
• Five years of working experience with secondary [high school] education; three years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree in Public & Business Administration or other related field.
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
• Thorough knowledge of English.
• Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 6 July 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 23.06.2019 to 06.07.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان