Purpose for the job: Under the close supervision and guidance of the Chief of Child Protection, the programme assistant supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
III. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1-Support to programme development, planning and execution – Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results -Support in resource mobilization
2-Support in knowledge management and capacity building
1. Support to programme development, planning and execution
*Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
* Prepares and maintains records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
* Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
* Arranges meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development, and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements.
*Follows up both internally with the supply section and externally with counterparts to ensure supplies for programme implementation are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
2.Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
* Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, and financial closures.
* Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and follow up.
* Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
3.Support in resource mobilization
*Compiles and organizes information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
* Compiles and organizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
* Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
*Supports the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section.
4. Support in knowledge management and capacity building
* Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
* Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
IV. Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the programme assistant to the development, implementation and monitoring of programmes/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the respective section, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
V. Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
* Commitment * Diversity and inclusion *Integrity
*Communication (I) * Working with people (II) * Drive for results (I)
*Analyzing (I) * Learning & Researching (I) * Planning and organizing (I) * Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان