The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Officer, the Communication Editor Officer will lead the process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. The Communication Editor Officer will also ensure clear communication with the protection team to understand the need and how to presented messages to the community and that should be in coordination with the protection and health management and the security focal point.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
· Meet with the protection and health team on regular basis to determine the scope of a project
· Advise the team on strategies to reach a particular audience
· With the coordination of the protection team to determine message for each design
· Create images that identify a service or convey a message
· Develop graphics, illustrations, and logos
· Incorporate changes recommended by the team members into the final design
· Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
· Implement projects work plans in consultation with the Senior Protection officer.
· support the design of protection information dissemination and visualization and community outreach materials
· Support the implementation of the protection approach, in line with the IRC guidelines and with respect of principles of confidentiality, ethical information gathering and age/gender/diversity mainstreaming, under the supervision of the Protection Senior officer.
· Data visualization of the different assessments and contribute to draft main findings.
· Ensure close collaboration and cooperation with all protection teams including the WPE and CP team
· Ensure proper and updated documentation of the work.
· Consolidate and timely submit weekly and monthly progress reports to the Senior Protection officer.
· Participate in weekly/monthly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality safe referrals and reporting requirements are followed.
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Key Working Relationships: The Communication Editor Officer directly reports to the Senior Protection Officer, and works closely with the Protection Assistant, Protection Information Dissemination Assistant as well as WPE, CP and Health staff.
· BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications or a field in the humanities desired.
· Minimum 3 years editing experience required; sub-editing/copy editing experience strongly desired.
· good-level knowledge of English and Arabic grammar and usage.
· Knowledge of online content best practices.
· Knowledge of social media strategy and content best practices.
· Experience in a humanitarian organization a plus
Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiaries at all times.
Belief in and commitment to human rights and gender equality
· Excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form. Fluent in Arabic; good knowledge of English.
· Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
· Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
· Good computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
· Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments; and willingness to
· Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn;
To apply for this position: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5355
The end date for applications is the 27th of June, 2019
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان