The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Officer, the Protection Officer will lead and ensure quality implementation of IRC community based protection approach guidance (CBPA). The Protection Officer will ensure the correct implementation of the Individual including safe referrals of urgent protection concerns to appropriate and IRC and external specialized services.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
· Develop monthly activity implementation work plans in consultation with the with the Senior Protection officer.
· Lead the implementation of Community Based Protection Approach steps, in line with the IRC CBPA guidance and with respect for principles of confidentiality, ethical information gathering and age/gender/diversity mainstreaming.
· Conduct under the guidance of the senior protection officer a do not harm assessment and analysis of access and barriers to migrants communities, draft main findings.
· Contribute to the stakeholder analysis by leading FGDs and KIIs with the different migrants communities in Tripoli.
· Identify community protection volunteers and community representative focal points and train them on protection principles and community based protection approaches.
· Ensure the individual protection assistance SOPs is followed up when deliver emergency relief items
· Ensure close collaboration and cooperation with the WPE and CP team
· Link individuals and families with support groups and networks, and other community-based resources, as appropriate – as well as coordinate provision of services with referral partners.
· Refer urgent and complicated individuals/households with serious protection problems to appropriate case management service providers.
· Ensure proper and updated documentation related to each individual case for IPA; and manage, file and store referral data ensuring the confidentiality of the information collected and the services provided.
· Ensure appropriate monitoring, review and follow up of the services provided to cases as per the standard operating procedures.
· Take part in the design of Protection information dissemination and community outreach materials.
· Consolidate and timely submit weekly and monthly progress reports to the Senior Protection Officer.
· Participate in weekly/monthly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality safe referrals and reporting requirements are followed.
· Work with the Senior Protection Officer to implement an effective monitoring and reporting system.
· Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Key Working Relationships: The Protection Officer directly reports to the Senior Protection Officer. The Protection Officer will supervisor the Protection Assistants, and will work closely with the Community Editor Officer as well as GBV and CP teams and Information and reporting officer.
· University degree, preferably in the field of Law or Political Science, social work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
· At least two year of prior professional experience in a humanitarian setting, preferably with NGO or international organization
Demonstrated experience in protection or human rights programming and understanding of working with vulnerable populations and basic humanitarian principles.
Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiaries at all times.
· Experience supervising and supporting employees.
Belief in and commitment to human rights and gender equality
· Excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form. Fluent in Arabic; high knowledge of English.
· Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
· Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust, build relationships and promote team spirit
Ability to interpret, analyze and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
· Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
· Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments; and willingness to
Good organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail;
To apply for this position:https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=5357
The end date for applications is the 27th of June, 2019.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان