Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : IT assistant
Duty Station : Tripoli, Libya
Classification : Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special short term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : June 20, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Senior Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of Database/IT officer, the incumbent will be responsible for maintenance of the information technology system and will provide expert advice as and when necessary to improve the efficiency of IT equipment used with the mission. In particular, he/she will be responsible for providing support; troubleshooting and necessary maintenance with regarding to Mission’s following IT Hardware, Network, Software and related services.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Hardware configuration for desktops, printers, scanners and other user hardware
• Hardware configuration for Servers and active LAN components
• Helpdesk support for various user problems
• Maintenance and upgrade of desktop OS (Windows XP, Windows 7)
• Maintenance and support for MS Office, MIMOSA and other in house software
• Virus detection, removal and prevention for all systems in the mission. This involves downloading the latest Anti-Virus database and active monitoring to prevent virus out break
• Regular backup of all vital information in the Mission
• Other related duties required by supervisor
Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Holder of Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Telecommunication Engineering or related academic background.
• Minimum 2 Years of relevant experience.
• Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic
• Fluency in French is an advantage
.Visit https://Libyacv.com for more vacancies.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, by 20 June 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 07.06.2019 to 20.6.2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان