PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the guidance of the Emergency Specialist, the incumbent will provide professional technical
assistance and support for programme design, planning and implementation, management and
evaluation of programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, in support of
programme goals and objectives.
Represents UNICEF in all respective external meetings with the government, UN coordination
mechanisms, partners and acts as a focal point for the organization.
KEY END-RESULTS EXPECTED
• Technical contribution to and participation in effective knowledge management made to
strengthen country programme management and activities, including data collection,
analysis, and information sharing/exchanges.
• Effective monitoring system administered, and analysis of country level socio-politicaleconomic
trends and their implications provided for the identification of critical programme
intervention point and measures; changes in programme work plans and recommendations
drafted or prepared as required.
• Programme funds effectively monitored for optimum use.
• Programme monitoring and evaluations effectively conducted to improve programme
performance, and programme status reports timely prepared.
• Technical support and assistance provided to elevate the quality of rights-based projects
/programmes, and add coherence, synergy and value to project management process by
using results-based management.
• Contribution and support provided to build and reinforce commitment and institutional
capacities of the national and local partners.
• Rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels incorporated in policy
analysis for establishing and elevating UNICEF’s credibility in policy debates.
• Technical support and assistance provided to enhance effective communication and
networking through partnership and collaboration.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent will be
responsible for all or most of the following areas of major duties and key end results.
Knowledge Management for Programmes
• Contribute to country programmes by supporting knowledge management through
providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate
reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons
learned” and other corporate-level databases.
• Participate in information exchange with partners as well as in the development of training
and orientation material by providing professional technical assistance.
Programme Development and Management
• Provide technical assistance in the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme
development and management by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring
implementation progress. Contribute to the identification of critical intervention points and
measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyse
country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing
programmes and projects.
• Draft or prepare programme work plans as required. Propose adjustments/changes in work
plans. Propose programme recommendations for inclusion in formal programme
documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices for supervisor.
Optimum Use of Program Funds
• Monitors programme implementation progress and compliance. Monitors the allocation
and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated,
monitored and liquidated. Takes appropriate recommendations or actions to optimize use
of programme funds.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
• Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on
required corrective action.
• Collaborate with partners to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation
and participate in the major programme evaluation exercises in consultation with the
Representative, the Operations Officer, the Evaluation Officer and others to improve
efficiency and quality of programme delivery. Participate in annual sector review meetings
with government counterparts. Collaborate and prepare annual program status reports in
a timely manner, as required.
Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
• Support a rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and
objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks. Collaborate
with partners and assist in the strengthening of quality child rights-based programmes
through consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or
evaluation of programmes and projects. Contribute to coherence, synergy and added value
to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management
approach to programme planning and design.
• Provide technical assistance in preparing viable recommendations on project
implementation, alternative approaches, new initiatives and optimal utilization of resources
that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the rights of children and women.
National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
• Provide government authorities with technical assistance and support in planning and
organizing training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme
• Promote and maintain the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional
capacities of the national and local partners by identifying these partners and partnerships
and providing continuous support, coordination and collaboration for sustainability.
Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
• Analyze programme related issues and policies from a children’s and women’s rights
perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in
national policy debates. Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy
Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration.
• Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including
those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and
disseminate development data and information, exchange information on
programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies.
Establish and maintain linkage to the Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure
the availability of current and accurate programme data.
• Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls
supportive of programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply
management requirements and accountability. Approve allocation and disbursement of
funds ensuring they are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated in accordance with
the programme budget allotments (PBA).
• Maintain close collaboration with Regional and HQ Advisers for overall coordination.
• Provide professional support in the provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and
promotion of area/country level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority
actions to be supported by the UNICEF programme.
A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Social Sciences, International
Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development,
Community Development, or another relevant technical field.
A minimum ofone years of relevant professional work experience is required.
Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
Background/familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local
language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
Competencies and level of proficiency required:
i) Core Values
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies
• Communication [ II ]
• Working with People [ II ]
• Drive for Results [ II ]
iii) Functional Competencies
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Analyzing [ I ]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ I ]
• Learning and Researching [ II ]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
Core Values Commitment Diversity and inclusion Integrity
Core competencies Communication (II) Working with people (I) Drive for results (I)
Functional Competencies: Formulating strategies and concepts (I) Analyzing (II) Applying technical expertise ((II) Learning and researching (II) Planning and organizing (II)
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان