The purpose of the officer position is to oversee the day-to-day implementation of the education project.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Implement the education project according to the plan of action.
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
• Ensure proper filing of documents.
• Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
• Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
• Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
• Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision
• Implement education activities under direction of the education team leader.
• Provide support to project assistants in line with programme objectives.
• Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and paper.
• Update and maintain effective work plans and monitoring of log-frames.
• Support assessment processes including school selection and out-of-school children (OOSC) data collection.
• Provide support to NRC activities, schools and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
• Conduct teacher training as required by the project objectives; conduct spot checks.
• Document technical issues and questions, and channel to the education team leader.
• Ensure ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting of education projects.
• Regularly travel to the field to support education, recreation and psychosocial support (PSS) activities.
• Oversee distributions of teaching and learning materials.
• Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are looking to hire an energetic, dynamic and communicative candidate , with a university degree and/or advanced degree or other relevant fields, with knowledge of education context in Benghazi; understanding of the circumstances, needs and challenges IDP/returnee and refugee children face and the sensitivity of the context,.
A person with experience working in education or child protection project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context (with an NGO),previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts; ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations .
Knowledge of Gender and Child Protection and psychosocial support and experience working with children and/or educators; ministry of education (MoE)-level experience are desirable.
Skills : Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, Good computer skills in Microsoft office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook) . Written and spoken fluency in Arabic; proficiency in English
Contract Period: 6 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Benghazi, Libya
For more information, please find attached the Job Description.
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان