The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the education project. Education assistants will support all field level operations and supervise any future incentive workers.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the implementation of the education project according to the plan of action.
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
• Ensure proper filing of documents.
• Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
• Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision.
• Assist in the implementation of education activities under direction of the education officer; supervise incentive teachers and outreach workers.
• Provide support to NRC activities, schools and assessments in line with NRC quality standards.
• Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant host communities.
• Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of projects at field level.
• Organize, support and participate in community engagement initiatives, outreach and out-of-school children (OOSC) data collection.
• Regularly travel to the field to support education, recreation and psychosocial support (PSS) activities.
• Support teacher trainings as required by the project objectives.
• Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning materials.
• Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are looking for a University degree in Education or other relevant fields, with knowledge of education context in Benghazi; understanding of the circumstances, needs and challenges IDP/returnee and refugee children face and the sensitivity of the context,.
Also we are particularly looking for a person with excellent communication skills, who has experience in community mobilization and/or relationship building, working with children or teaching, and with knowledge of the basics of gender, child protection and PSS.
In this position, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Skills : Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, Good computer skills in Microsoft office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook) . Written and spoken fluency in Arabic; proficiency in English
Contract Period: 6 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Benghazi, Libya
Please click on the link below to apply:
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان