Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF currently offers primary health care for migrants in different detention centers in and around Misrata and in Bani Walid for survivors of violence, SGBV and torture. At the moment MSF is starting a mental health and psychosocial support program, with the focus on psychosocial activities in detention centers.For this purpose we want to hire a motivated, creative and experienced Psychologist for the activities in Misrata and surrounding communities.
For more information, Please visit our Arabic website, http://www.msf-me.org/ar
Providing psychological and psychosocial support according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients in detention and victims of violence, SGBV and torture.
· Carrying out individual and group-counselling and develop and implement psychosocial and psychoeducation activities for migrants in detention, survivors of violence, SGBV and torture
· Identifying vulernabilies and further urgent needs of the patients and refer accordingly
· Developing materials for and taking active part in trainings, supporting the activities of the Mental Health Activity Manager when necessary, to address stigmatization of clients with mental health problems
· Maintaining the network and cooperating closely with the medical team, other relevant medical actors, institutions and other NGOs that are involved in psychosocial support activities
· Participating in team meetings and in clinical supervision with Mental Health Supervisor and the medical team
· Providing written reports, keeping records of activities, filing and documentation and ensuring the data collection
· Ensure a mental health perspective in discussions / meetings about (medical) activities and patients.
· Following the Code of Ethics for Mental Health Professionals and ensuring that all patient related information is kept confidential
· Attend in a flexible way to other activities proposed by the line manager
Essential degree or diploma in Psychology
Essential : 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
Desirable: previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
Essential: English and Arabic
Desirable: French and/or Tigrinya / Somali
Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet), Strong communication, organizational and
social skills, Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team, Initiative, creativity and flexible, stress resistant
Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management
Intended start date: ASAP
Working hours: 48 hours per week
Work location: Based in Misrata, with flexibility to travel other project areas and local vicinity.
Please send your application and updated CV and copies of your diploma and work certificates by e-mail with the subject: ”PSYCHOLOGIST-MISRATA” to following address:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for technical test/ interview.
Position will be open until Friday 31st May 2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان