The Libya Transition Initiative 3 is an international development program in Libya. The goal of LTI 3 is to establish and manage a quick-response mechanism supporting activities that provide essential services to the community and reinforce stability to help build an inclusive and peaceful future in Libya.
LTI 3 seeks the following position to support its program in Tripoli, Libya. Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic are required for all positions.
The Procurement Specialist (PS) will provide procurement support for both operational needs as well as in support of grant activities. The PS will also ensure all procurement are compliant with project policies.
The Procurement Specialist reports to the Regional Program Manager.
• Respond in a timely manner to procurement requests as approved by the RPM, Deputy Chief of Party of Operations (DCOP-O), Deputy Chief of Party of Programs (DCOP-P), Program Director (PD), and the Chief of Party (COP).
• Manage and procure items and/or services to support grant activities and operational requirements in response to requests from project staff.
• Determine the most reasonable, fair, and expeditious procurement option for each item or service procured, in compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, and the established field procurement manual.
• Work directly with local, regional, or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurement of requested commodities and services.
• Make efforts where possible to streamline the procurement process through establishing appropriate agreements with vendors. Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
• In collaboration with the RPM, Program Development Officer (PDO), and Grants Specialists, prepare monthly projections for grant activities for submission to the Senior Finance Manager, and actively track the clearance rates and disbursement rates of the activities.
• Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file.
• Maintain the project’s commodity management tracking system and ensure that all required documentation is maintained in procurement files.
• Visit selected warehouses in Tripoli to consolidate shipments and/or repackage purchased commodities.
• Where required, assist the RPM or Operations Director in preparing waiver requests or other procurement related approval documentation.
• Provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project staff.
• Travel as required to inspect and/or receive delivery of equipment at activity sites.
• Participate and stay informed of the strategic programmatic objectives in order to support the development of budgets with realistic procurement timelines and budgets aligned with the intent of the initial activity design.
• As needed, actively participate in the problem solving and troubleshooting throughout the grant cycle to assure implementation remains within the spirit of the original design concept.
• Liaise directly with project’s home office regarding international procurement and payments, when applicable
• Participate in the activity kickoff meeting with grantees to ensure that the grantees understand what information must be provided to articulate and clarify specifications that are in line with the grant budget and intent of the grant.
• Perform any other tasks requested by supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Two years of experience with purchasing in Libya and obtaining quotations from multiple suppliers.
• Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills.
• Experience and/or good understanding of procurement procedures of international organizations.
• Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
• Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and partner institutions, including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
• Must be capable of lifting and moving items with a weight of 20 Kilograms.
• Working proficiency in basic office computer applications including MS Word and Excel.
• Arabic and English fluency and is required.
CVs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, with email subject “Procurement Specialist- Tripoli”
Deadline for submitting CVs is May 27, 2019
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان