HYGIENE AGENT - Based in Misrata - LIBYA
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF. For more information, Please visit our Arabic website, http://www.msf-me.org/ar.
MSF has been operating in Libya since 2011. MSF is now carrying out activities for migrants, immigrants and refugees in Misrata and in Bani Walid.
WORK LOCATION: Misrata, Libya and surrounding communities
Carrying out cleaning activities in the mission according to MSF standards and procedures in order to ensure hygiene and disinfection of materials and surfaces
• Performing tasks related to hygiene and disinfection according to protocols applied in the service, knowing and applying specific hygiene protocols and security rules .This includes but are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining clean and disinfected, the infrastructures allocated to his/her position including the furniture, doors, walls and floor and some medical material (rooms of patients, of consultation, laboratory, operating theatre, delivery room, mortuary, waiting room, staff room, storage room, kitchen, bathroom and latrines) applying specific protocols and using the tools and equipment provided. Cleaning floors, equipment, beds, toilets and showers according to protocols and schedule
• Collecting and evacuating waste produced by medical structures to the designated site, previously sorted by medical staff and emptying out dustbins as often as necessary to ensure an efficient quality of care and safe environment
• Raising awareness on hygiene and sanitation measures amongst patients, visitors, staff, mothers to use correctly the water distribution points, latrines, hand washing points and washing areas in collaboration with the nursing and health promotion team
• Filling all water containers every morning (drinking water and hand washing points) and refilling when half full and for hand washing, ensuring soap is available
• Installing mosquito nets as required for in-patient beds and carrying out laundry activities according to protocols
• Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided. Ensuring availability of hygiene and sanitation products, and draws up orders for on-going needs
• Reporting any repair or maintenance work needed related to hygiene to the supervisor, as well as any relevant information related to his/her responsibilities
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Following the MSF standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Hygiene Guidelines, by using the correct cleaning products and equipment for the cleaning of the MSF health care facilities.
• Following the universal standard precautions, including using the correct personal and protective equipment at all times, performing regular hand hygiene and correct disposal of waste.
• Reporting immediately to the supervisor any accidental exposure to blood.
• Participating actively in the MSF platform (meetings, committee,.), trainings and any other related activities as requested by the line manager.
• Notifying and reporting immediately to the supervisor any problem arising in the designated work area, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment.
Education Literacy. Internally trained by MSF
Experience None is required
Languages Local language essential
Each person interested in this position must send CV, cover letter, diploma and work certificates by e-mail titled “HYGIENE AGENT -MISRATA-” to: email@example.com.
Position will be open until 10th of December 2018
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان