National Post - Driver, Armored Vehicle, Tripoli, Libya, GS-2
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF LIBYA
Type: Fixed Term
Job ID: 19396
Duty Station: Tripoli, Libya
Duration: One Year
Closing Date: 21/11/2018
The driver of the Armored vehicle will provide reliable and safe driving services to UNFPA staff and mission ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, awareness of diplomatic protocols and prevailing security conditions.
You will report directly to the Administrative/Finance Associate.
You will be responsible for driving UNFPA vehicles to transport staff and missions , as well as collection of official documents and goods when required.
You will need to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds And nationalities.
You would be responsible for:
A. Ensure provision of reliable and safe driving services by:
• Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, expert on missions and other official visitors.
• Meeting officials and visitors at the airport and assist in visa and customs formalities when required
• Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle, and that all other security regulations as per MOSS policy are being followed;
• Keeps abreast of traffic, road and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings and events.
B. Safe and proper use of vehicle
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle, accurately maintaining daily vehicle logbook and timely suggesting about the maintenance / repair needs of vehicle.
• Ensures compliance of vehicle maintenance plans and assist in preparing vehicle history report.
C. Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
D. Availability of documents/ supplies
• Ensures availability and access of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Ensures that the requires steps by UNFPA rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Secondary Education; a valid driving license issued by the competent Government authority, knowledge of local driving rules and the area
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions and defensive driving skills.
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Training certificate of Armored Vehicle drive is desirable.
Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English
Values: (Exemplifying integrity, Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system, embracing Cultural diversity, embracing change)
Core Competencies: (Achieving results, Being accountable, Developing and applying professional Expertise/business acumen, Thinking analytically and strategically, Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships, Communicating for impact)
Functional Competencies:(Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair, Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol, Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues, Focuses on result for the client;Professional appearance and punctuality;Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views; Good people skills.)
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy. Download the step by step guide to applying in teh E-Recruit systemof UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process. Notice: UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان