Closing date: 25 Nov 2018
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For more information about the organisation: http://www.hi.org
HI has offices in more than 55 countries.
Since 2011, continued conflict in many parts of Libya and political instability have resulted in a vacuum of effective governance and caused significant collapse in the country’s political-institutional system. Security, rule of law and social and economic well-being of the Libyan population have all been severely affected.
The healthcare system in Libya is one of the hardest hit by the ongoing instability, having deteriorated near to the point of collapse. Ongoing challenges include increased rates of chronic illness, disability and access to essential services such as medicine and rehabilitation. Hospitals struggle to absorb the number of patients and to cope with lack of resources, including a shortage of staff and essential medicines and supplies.
The identification of the most vulnerable individuals and the rapid response to essential needs is a priority for the humanitarian community working throughout Libya. In addition, the number of victims as a result of conventional weapons and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) continues to grow. In contaminated areas, local populations, internally displaced persons and returning populations are all at risk of death and injury.
From operational bases in Tripoli and Misrata, and Benghazi from the last quarter of 2018, HI is currently implementing a humanitarian programme with the following activities:
-Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities or injuries, and distribution of assistive devices as required
-Capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners (hospitals and rehabilitation centres)
-Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers
-provision of Risk Education to conflict affected communities on the risks and effects caused by mines and explosive remnants of war (ERW)
-Clearance and destruction of ERW in post-conflict areas
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the overall coordination and oversight of HI’s operations in Libya in the sectors of protection, including mine action, and health.
The Operations Coordinator will be in charge of:
• Development and implementation of HI’s operational strategy for humanitarian, mine action and recovery/development projects in Libya;
• Provide overall supervision and oversight of all HI’s projects in Libya;
• Lead the proposal development process (high quality design, narrative and associated budgets);
• Perform regular analysis of progress against operational outputs and monthly budget reviews (in coordination with the Support Services department), and propose corrective action taken when necessary
• Ensure the coordination and standardization of the projects across bases;
• Coordination with the Technical Unit on qualitative aspects of programming (including staff training);
• Ensuring external representation in relevant sector meetings, and replace the Head of Mission when needed in his/her representation duty;
• Management and guidance of the HI operations team under your responsibility.
Responsibility 1: Operational Strategy Development
Aim: Consolidation and growth of HI’s operations in Libya in line with the programme strategy
Responsibility 2: Project Monitoring, Quality Assurance and Knowledge Management
Aim: Ensure effective delivery and monitoring of HI’s project in Libya
Responsibility 3: External Coordination and Networking
Aim: HI remains a key actor in the humanitarian and recovery response
Responsibility 4: Capitalisation and Reporting
Aim: Ensure continuous improvement and reporting of HI operations
Responsibility 5: Team Management
Aim: Build and retain a strong operational team across the programme
International staff are based in Misrata and accommodated in a compound composed of a shared guest house and an office.
The are movement restrictions in place and isolated living conditions. However a small number of other expatriates from other NGOs are based in Tripoli and Misrata.
Master degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian Project Management, Humanitarian Assistance or another relevant subject.
At least 7 years of professional experience and 4 years’ experience in humanitarian contexts;
Previous project coordination experience;
Proven managerial and representation experience;
Experience in mine action would be an asset;
Previous coordination experience with local partners, INGOs and Clusters.
Strong team management skills;
Strong communication and diplomacy skills;
Strong writing and reporting skills;
Fluency in English both oral and written;
Arabic language skills would be an asset.
High level of autonomy and initiative;
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
Ability to work under pressure;
Ability to work in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures.
• Starting date: 15/01/2019
• Length of the contract: 12 months
• Contract: salaried contract (from 2750€/month gross depending on experience)
• Per-diem: 693,68 €/month net
• Hardship allowance: 500€/month net
• Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R: 5 days every 6 weeks
• Status: single
• Accommodation: collective fully covered by HI
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان