This position is open to Libya national only and no double job
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details about the organization: http://www.hi.org
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
• Direct management and monitoring of project activities and implementation. Planning includes daily movement planning as well as long-term project planning and tracking the progress of project implementation.
• Direct management of project staff, including defining clear work plans, completing performance reviews and appraisals, identifying capacity building needs and liaising with relevant technical support to ensure the effective implementation of training and development initiatives for project staff.
• Effective qualitative and quantitative reporting of project activities and outcomes and contributing to future project proposals as well as strategic planning exercises.
• Partnership management with a range of international and national partners from non-government and inter-governmental organizations, when applicable.
The Project Manager specific tasks include:
1. Manage the project
• Plan the different stages and tasks involved in realizing the project
• Participate in the identification and design of the project implementation strategy
• Define and implement any contractual arrangements with partners and/or local stakeholders necessary for the implementation of the project
• Develop quality assurance systems and tools and direct the implementation of the project activities and monitoring procedures.
• Facilitate the implementation of performance review of the various stages of the project cycle. Ensure the timely monitoring of project activities, their timely conduction and conformity with the set objectives.
• Actively communicate and disseminate information about the project activities to national and international partners (where applicable) and stakeholders.
• Contribute to and facilitate as much as possible the coordination of the annual program of activities, workshops and events.
• Ensure the appropriate and continuous archiving of project documents.
• In close collaboration with PCO, design, prepare and deliver project related trainings to project staff, beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders as required to meet project outcomes.
2. Assure the project’s technical framework
• Support the implementation of the project’s technical framework
• Direct the project’s quality approach in terms of realization and impact
• Supervise the DBO to ensure the accuracy of the database, according to the information collected in the field by the project teams
• In close collaboration with the PCO and Technical Advisors, determine the methodology used in the project
3. Oversee the management of the project staff
• Participate in various stages of recruitment in collaboration with the support services department and PCO (job profiles, tests, interviews and selection).
• Develop Individual Action Plans (IAP) and set objectives for each team member under direct line management and ensure that all staff receives regular supervision, mentoring and performance management to continually evaluate and improve their capacities in all related functions.
• Draw IAPs for each project team member and monitoring progress against IAPs.
• Identify additional staff training needs and assist in the planning, development and delivery of training (internal refresher training, external training - formal and/or informal), in collaboration with PCO and Technical Advisors.
• Plan, prepare and chair team meetings in Libya on a regular basis.
• Assure effective communication and a positive team spirit within the team.
• Coordinate with the Security Focal point on weekly movement and support in security monitoring in the working areas.
• Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your team and inform HoM and/or Support Services Coordinator as appropriate.
• With the support services department, ensure that personal record keeping systems are maintained and monitored (records of sickness/absences, annual leave…).
• Ensure security and safety procedures are followed by project staff and report any incidents or violations following the HI security protocol.
• Provide operational induction briefings to all new staff and visitors to Libya.
4. Reporting: Activity reports and Donor reports
• Actively contribute to monthly, mid-term and annual reports according to donor requirements and request from PCO.
• Provide clear instructions to the DBO and other project staff in regards to internal and external reporting requirements.
• Participate in any additional documents or reports as requested by PCO.
• Alert the PCO as early as possible if issues/delays are identified within the project, and propose mitigation measures.
5. Contribute to the effective management of financial, logistical and material resources
• Forecast the project needs in terms of expenses and share with PCO your request for validation according to the existing HI policy and guidelines.
• Ensure close coordination with the support services department for the smooth and timely organization of procurement, purchasing of materials and transport needs for the project activities.
• Ensure that procedures and internal logistics are followed by the project team and by the partners (where applicable).
6. Communication and Representation
• Represent Handicap International at relevant meetings, trainings, workshops, conferences and other events in Libya, as directed by the FCO or PCO.
• Actively contribute to HI-Libya representation on social media, including Facebook and other platforms, in collaboration with the PCO. Ensure HI Communication guidelines and rules are respected.
• Maintain a positive image of Handicap international at all times and in all circumstances.
7. Contribute towards the capitalization of experience
In collaboration with the technical support of the PCO:
• Identify issues which should be capitalized on and define capitalization method.
• Collect the necessary data using criteria and indicators previously established.
• Participate in analyzing the data.
• Communicate the results to the project stakeholders.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Line manager: Field Coordinator (FCO, based in Benghazi)
Functional supervisor: Projects Coordinator (PCO, based in Tunis)
The PM will work closely with all HI departments and project managers/officers, ensuring close coordination, in order to reach the highest project quality, in a timely and efficient manner.
The successful applicant must meet the following requirements:
Professional competencies required
• University degree in health, international studies, management or similar fields
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in project management and planning, ideally within INGO or NGO setting
• Experience in the sectors of Rehabilitation/Health/Psychosocial Support (PSS) is a strong asset
• Experience in developing local capacities through mentoring, training and effective leadership
• Very good analytical skills / high understanding of project cycle management
• Skills in using Excel / statistical software as well as experience in Data management, monitoring and evaluation
• English and Arabic - fluent spoken and written level
Personal competencies required
• Good cross-cultural and interpersonal skills as well as ability to mobilize and motivate a team to achieve common goals
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with colleagues, partners, local authorities and other stakeholders
• Ability to delegate tasks and demonstrate a high level of autonomy
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
• Ability to anticipate risks and opportunities and work effectively under pressure of tight planning and high objectives
• Excellent report writing, data interpretation and analytical skills
• Good decision making capacity and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills and ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels as well as convey positioning and values of the organization
• Capacity to deliver training using a variety of methodologies
• Ability to anticipate risks and opportunities
• Ability to travel, occasionally on short notice, to areas of intervention of the project.
Weekly hours: 40
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday from 08.30 to 16.30 including one hour lunch break (13.00 to 14.00)
Please send your CV and cover letter by email, with the subject reference “PM-BENG-2018” to: recruitment@Libya.hi.org
Application closing date is 23 September 2018.
Type of contract: FIXED TERM
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview and testing.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان